Tell Me Something Good

Prince's POV

"Andre, I gotta tell you something."

"What's up, man?"

"I almost told her."

"Told her what?" He asks shutting the door and walking over to me.

"That I want to marry her."

"But you do want to marry her."

"Yea but I think I want to do it soon."

"How soon?"

"I want us to be engaged by this time next year and married by summer the year after."

"And what happens if you don't?"

"Andre, if I don't ask her by then I might as well let Miko have her. It's like... the more time I spend with the her, the less time I want to spend time away from her. It's all happening so fast."

"Well you started dating what 6 months ago? In a year it'll have been a year and 6th months."

"But am I making the right choice?"

"In what? Women?" I sit there for a moment. I ain't never been one to be afraid of my feelings but something about this seems crazy. Maybe my heart is still recovering from Mayte or maybe I know Genny is perfect and I'm afraid I'm not good enough, either way I'm terrified. "Everyone can see y'all are perfect for each other. Just relax and enjoy the ride until you're ready to propose."

"Do you think I should tell her?"

"Not just yet but you'll know when she's ready to hear it." I nod more to myself than to him. I pat his back and head down the hallway back to my room. When I open the door she's laying in bed watching cartoons.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Hey, baby. What're you watching?"

"Simpsons."

"How does your body feel? Still sore?"

"No. Laying down in a real bed helps."

"Hungry?" I ask taking a seat in the chair at the desk.

"Not really."

"Mama, it's been 8 hours and the last thing you ate was a salad." She shrugs. "Come here."

"Don't stare. Im not wearing clothes." She says before moving the covers and making her way over to me.

"You're starting to lose weight, baby."

"I am not!"

"You are. I can see it in your face. Baby, you haven't had a real meal in 4 days. How are you not hungry? Last week you needed to eat every 4 hours!"

"I don't know!" She yells, even though she seems. The room falls silent as her voice bounces off the walls.

"A-are you okay?" My voice is soft as I stand and approach her. She seems like she's breaking but she can't tell. "I'm on your side, baby." I wrap my arms around her, pulling her close. "I'm just worried about you."

"I know. I know."

"Is it the magazine's again?"

"No. I'm just not hungry anymore. I guess I'm just not feeling like myself. "

"I know what will make you feel better. I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back!" I smirk walking away from her and heading to the hallway. I get into the elevator and go down to the main floor. The woman smiles as I approach the front.