Show Up Part 2

Genevieve's POV

Back at the hotel, I take a quick shower and put together my look. Silver heels, silver earrings, silver eyeshadow, I even take the time to curl and pin my hair. Now, all I need is my dress. I walk out of the bathroom and walk over to the bed where I assumed he'd have put my dress. I check the closet, my suitcase, the dresser, everywhere I can think of, and there's no blue dress.

"Has Prince been in here?" I ask Gayle who's sitting in her bed reading a book. She looks up for a second, shakes her head, and returns to her book. "Are you going out with us?" She shakes her head again. I sigh and I throw on the first thing I find, a leotard and jean shorts. I hide in the bathroom and slip it on before walking down the hall to his room. I knock on the door with a fist, my foot tapping anxiously.

"It's open!" I walk through the door and he immediately grins at me. "Hey, baby." He's sitting on his bed completely dressed from the waist down. His shirt is on but unbuttoned.

"Yuh seh yuh wudda put mi dress inna mi room!"

"I think you should just go like that." He smirks.

"Dress. Now."

"Okay. Okay. Fine." He gets up from his seat and walks into his closet. He pulls out a garment bag and hands it to me. I take it from him and begin to walk away. "Where you think you going?"

"To finish getting ready."

"You don't gotta leave, mama. You can get dressed in here."

"I don't think Andre agrees."

"Andre and Miko went to the liquor store." He smirks. "I'm all alone."

"And I take it you want some company."

"I want your company." He smirks pulling me close. "Let me see you put that dress on." He bites his lip, looking me up and down.

"I can't get dressed with you holding me." He raises his hands and walks away. He grabs the chair from in front of the desk and wheels it over to me before taking a seat. "Comfy?" I chuckle.

"Of course. I've got the best seat in the house." He smirks. I roll my eyes and begin to undress. I unbutton and unzip my shorts before struggling to pull down my shorts. If I don't tailor my pants they fall off my body but if I tailor them too well they're hard to take off. "Need some help?"

"You wish." Once I get them passed my hips they fall to the floor. I step out of them and begin to take off my leotard. "You can help with this if you'd like." Excitedly, he jumps up from his seat and grabs my hand. He pulls me over to the tall mirror and positions himself behind me. I look down focused on his hands on my hips. His right hand slowly comes up to my chin, lifting my head until it's level. Our eyes lock instantly and my heart skips a beat.

"Keep your eyes on the mirror." He says softly in my ear using the depth of his baritone voice. The rasp in his voice sending chills down my spine. His hands caress my exposed hips and thighs before climbing up my body to my shoulders. He lifts the left strap with one finger, pulling it down my arm. Then, he repeats it with the other side. He pulls both straps down my body, slowly exposing more and more of my body, kissing each newly exposed inch. First my shoulders, then across my upper back. He smirks when he the leotard hits the floor. He looks at me but I don't move. I just look at him in the mirror. He lowers himself, holding my hips as he kisses down my spine stopping along the way to kiss each scar. Lastly, he kisses my dimples before standing up. He wraps his arms around me again pulling my bare back into his chest. "I could look at you all day." He whispers as his head rests on my shoulder. "You're so beautiful, Genevieve." I put my hands over his and lean into the embrace. "Put that dress on, baby. I wanna see how good it looks." He releases me, taking a seat in his chair again. I grab the garment bag, unzipping it and pulling the dress out from inside. I step into it, not wanting to ruin my hair. The fabric stretches over my body as I pull it up passed my hips and thighs. The dress stops at the middle of my thigh and the v-neck starts at the top of my stomach exposing half of my chest.

"D-do you like it?"

"I think you'd look good in a plastic bag." He chuckles walking over to me.

"Prince, be serious. You don't think it's too much?"

"Too much clothing? Yea. You were better off before." He smirks.  I push him away but he grabs my arm pulling my close. My heart stops when I look at him, his open shirt, his strong upper body and gorgeous skin. "Let's stay here and just say we went out."

"You and I both know Miko would have a fit." Miko is the drinker of the group. Any excuse to go out and grab a shot is good enough for him. He's always trying to get us to drink and go out. You'd think it's Andre but really he's just along for the ride. We chuckle a little, smiling and looking in each others eyes.

"I got you something." He says softly. "Have a seat and wait here." I sit in the chair and he disappears to the other side of the room. There's a bit of shuffling and the zipping of a suitcase. "Close your eyes." I close my eyes and wait for something to happen. He grabs my left hand, placing it in his lap with the palm facing up. He sets what feels like a small box in my hand before closing my fingers around it.

"Can I open me eyes?"

"Go ahead." I open my eyes an look down at the box. It's black and velvety in my hands. I open it slowly and I gasp looking at the beautiful bracelet. It's a single purple gemstone embedded in a silver band.

"Oh my god. Prince, it's beautiful."

"Look at the inscription. It's on the inside." I pull the bracelet out of the box and hold it up. Shifting it around in the light my heart swells as I read the words.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life... October 23rd, 1984"

I look up at him and wait for him to explain. He smiles a little leaning closer to speak.

"No matter what Cavallo's decision is I want you to remember today fondly. You were incredible as you always are. Today was the first day of a very promising career performing." He sighs a little before holding my hand and looking in my eyes. "This bracelet and those words are also a promise. You are my dearly beloved, the we is you and me, and we're gonna get through everything that happens after today together. I know how you feel about me and my protégés but I want to help you make your dreams come true. Whatever they are, I'll always be there to help you along the way."