Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Moving?! To South Carolina?! We live in Washington. We'll be moving basically across the whole country! Is he crazy?!

"What?!" Me and the others that are old enough to understand yell.

Grey flinches slightly at the loud noise that he was kinda expecting.

"I know it's a long way from here, but it's a great opportunity for me.. for you guys," he explains "I'll earn more, we'll live in a better, bigger house, you'll get a better education." He says but is cut off from mason.

"What's the job." He asked calmly

Greys face lights up "a manager of the firm set in South Carolina" he smiles "it earns a hell of a lot more money.... And they've even set us up in a bigger house double the size of our family." He smiles wider at it and I feel my face fall slightly.

Grey deserves this job. Its better than what he has, we can't stand in the way of that. It's his dream to become a manager.

"When we leaving." Kyle asks from next to me.

Greys face falls now and gulps "tomorrow." He whispers but we all hear and explode again.

WHAT?! We shriek

Grey takes a deep breath "I know, I'm sorry. But I only got the news of it the other day and had to make a decision then and there." He tried to explain while I'm fuming.

Moving is bad enough.... BUT TOMORROW!!

I don't really have any friends here, my brothers scare them away, but that doesn't mean I still want to leave.

Washingtons my home. I've grown up here. I've lived here all my life.

Mum and dad are buried here.

I stood up from Kai's lap watching Grey.

"I'm sorry it's short notice.. but this is a really big opportunity I've got to take it." He said watching all of us.

I frown "no." Is all I say before I run out of the living room up the stairs to my room slamming the door and sinking to the floor.

I know Grey needs this job, he wants this job, but I'm not leaving mum and dad. Where would I go if I wanted to see them? Nowhere... that's where.

I'm not leaving them.

About an hour later I was laying down on my bed staring at the picture on my bedside table of my parents and I on my 13th birthday.

It's getting dark outside now, it's about 9 o'clock.

I heard a faint knock on my door, a special one that I know straight away who is knocking. It's mine and kyles knock.

I sat up in my bed as he opened the door and slipped into my darkened room coming over to my bed.

I shuffled over slightly and he sits down next to me on my bed and instinctively I rest my head on his shoulder.

He doesn't even need to say anything, He knows what I'm feeling. Ever since we were little we've always had a connection even though he wasn't my twin I didn't have one. He was Kai's twin but he just knows when I need him.

He slips his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him in a sideways hug and I feel tears bubbling up in my eyes so I squeeze them shut as he rubs my arm soothingly.

Just then there's another knock on my door and in comes everyone else. We always do this when something is wrong, like when our parents died- we all crow into one room.

Leo comes bouncing to the bed- he probably doesn't get what's happening- and jumps onto it coming to me and sitting down on my lap.

I smile and wrap my arms around him breathing in his washing powder smell.

Jake and Jack slump into my beanbag chair arguing over who should get more room.

Ryan, Kai, and mason flop on the long chair sofa seat I have mark, Greg, deacon, Dion sit on my bed the free side of my queen sized bed.

I rest my head on top of Leo's floppy fluffy blonde hair.

"You know... I hear South Carolina has got some hot babes." Mason says smirking trying to lighten the mood.

"Oooh.... Yeah.. hot babes in bikinis." Kai adds.

I smirk softly and lift my head up "trust you guys to just think of that." I smirk

"What's babes." Leo asks innocently and we glance at each other and burst out into laughter.

"Oh... Leo.... They are." Mason says pausing

"They are nothing you should worry about." I say leaning down to him kissing his cheek and he giggled as I tightened my grip.

"Grey wants us to pack." Mason says after a while

"We leave tomorrow." He says awkwardly

"Ugh... we better not have to get up early." Mason groans and I roll my eyes at him.

"Sky..." Leos voice say sounding sleepy

"Hmm." I say looking down at him

He yawns, turns his body, so he's sitting sideways on my lap snuggling up to my stomach "I'm tired.." he says quietly and his eyes flutter closed.

I smile and stroke his hair telling him to sleep as he smiled sweetly.

"Naww... you're gonna be such a great little mother one day." Mason mocks smirking and I shoot him a look.

"Pfft... that's if she even gets a guy first... with all you scaring anyone who talks to her off." Kai comments smirking slightly though it's true, very true.

"Pffft.. as if we're gonna let some dirty guy touch our baby sister." Kyle says with a straight face. "She'll probably die alone." He smirks and I glance over at him and mason hits him on the head for me.

Thank you big brother... I glance over and look at jack and jake to see they have fallen asleep too on the bean bag chair and jack is dropping off.

"What about Will." I question frowning

"Oh, he's going to come visit when we settle in, and stay for a bit." Mason says

****************************************

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!!