Chapter 62

Chapter 62

"You want to talk huh? You want to talk about what happened last night! About what happened?!" I don't let him reply as I'm to fired up and continue to snap as I get closer to him, "let's talk then! Let's talk about how you broke the one thing you promised to do last night! Or let's talk about the fact you don't want me anymore?! Or no! Let's talk about the best part! The part where you tore my heart out and just threw it back in my face by swapping spit with some fucking brunette w***e?! Right in front of me I might add! Yeah?! So let's fucking talk then!!" I shove his chest with my hands, feeling my heart beat fast as adrenaline pumps through my body.

Xavier blinks at me, taken by surprise probably by my outburst no doubt. But he had that coming, He just kept on pushing me until I exploded on him.

"I...I... it's not... not..." Xavier shakes his head as he tries to get his words together.

"What?!" I taunt tilting my head, not letting him finish, "Not so bad? Ha! Oh yeah?!... well do you really think that seeing the one person you care for sucking faces with some girl wouldn't tear you apart from the inside out? That it wouldn't feel like your chest was ripped open and a knife was stabbed right in your heart?! Do you?!"

Xavier continues to just stand there, speechless and my frown turns furious.

"Yeah.... That's what I thought." I snark, turning on my heels to leave.

"No! P-please don't go. Please wait..."

"WHY?!" I shout, my rage tumbling from me as I wait for him to answer me and spin back around to him.

"B... because I love you skylar.."

His words hit me with full force.. the power of the words causing me to be winded and lose my breath as everything starts to spin and I focused on his face.

Tears fell down my face as did his and I felt my heart ache.

Love? No... no he can't possibly. I've never even thought of that before. It's only been a couple of months and now he tells me?

"No..." The word passes my lips in a whisper as I shake my head getting things to become clear, "No, no you don't." I say swallowing hardly.

"... i do sky..." Xavier whispers, "I really, really do love you."

"No!" I shout eyes opening wider as I feel them start to sting, "No! No you don't! You couldn't! Otherwise you wouldn't have kissed her!!" I shake my head as tears fall trying to hold them back, "How could you love me if you did that? You don't hurt the person you love..." my voice quietens as I turn back around, finally letting more tears fall...

As I walk away, the small remains of my heart break even more as he doesn't call out, doesn't run after me. Nothing happens... beside the shattering of my heart with each step away from him.. only realising why it hurt me so much.

I've been in love with him since the first day that we met.

It's been three days.

Three days since that awful night.

Three days of staying in the same place and staying in my bed.

Ever since I bumped into Xavier... I have stayed in my room, refusing to get up or got downstairs for anything.

As much as I didn't want to be this crying, miserable wreck, I couldn't stop it. As much as I tried to, I just couldn't. I would suddenly crumble and retreat back to my room, so I thought it was best I just stayed in here until I could feel better.

I've had my phone switched off for two days, after getting annoyed from the constant texts and rings I received from him... I just couldn't stand it anymore.

I didn't want to talk or face anyone. Hiding myself under the covers if anyone came into my room. I just stayed locked up in here much like a prisoner. Kyle couldn't even get me to talk.

But now, now it's Monday. The start of a three day week at school before we have a break for Christmas holidays.

Christmas.

That has been the last thing on my mind. Something I have forgotten and it's only a week away. I'm not in the Christmas spirit and especially with decorations going up it makes me more upset.. as everyone else is happy but me.

Why can't I?

Because of Xavier... my thoughts tell me and I stare at the ground as tears begin to fall. No, no I won't think of him. No, not today.

I tried to avoid being here today, to avoid coming to school by persuading grey that there wasn't even a point with only three days, but he wasn't having it at all. He practically forced me out of my bed and kick my sorry ass to school, telling me it will do me good even though he knows it's not true.

It won't do me good. I bet everyone already knows it all.

How could they not? It involved two people that the whole school knew... and now I'm going to look like an idiot for falling in love with him.

Groaning, I rest my head against the window of the car, frowning as the doors slam shut around me and a figure comes to stand in front of mine.

"Come on sky, you need to get out." Mason says, and opening the door and I frown grabbing my bag in my hand as he nearly just about drags me out of the car by force.

"It'll be alright sky." Kyle tells me quietly as mason shuts the door.

"Yeah... don't worry, if he gets anywhere near you I'll pound him to the ground before he can even say one thing to you." Mason growls angrily throwing his bag over his shoulder and I cringe knowing he's serious as that's all he's been on about in days...