Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Chuckling I ruffle the two little boys hair as they hug my legs, "How was your day monkeys?" I smile and letting the two twins let go of my legs and take their shoes off.

"Good! We got some presents." Jack chirps showing me a small plastic bag that has Santa and elves on it and it looks like a party bag.

"How nice! Why don't you go show grey." I grin and the two boys rush ahead into the kitchen, and then leaving Leo who's little arms wrap around my legs as I smile.

"You have a good day kiddo?" I ask as I help him take his shoes off and then pushing them to the side.

"Yes! I went on the playground for ages it was so fun and I got a teddy." He smiled at me as I bent down to his level.

I chuckle softly at the excitement on his face and I lift Leo up into my arms as I follow behind the two twins as they charge into the kitchen, if they are this excited for Christmas now, then they might explode by the time next week comes.

It's so weird that we are so close to Christmas, so close to the end of the year. Usually at this time we are all busy decorating the house with lame and over the top decorations, but right now there isn't one in sight.

I'm putting it down to everyone being exhausted for it this year, including grey as we are all in a new house and it's been a long year so we don't feel like decorating maybe?

But the little boys seem to be excited, I've already heard them speaking about what they might want from Santa this year.

It's cute really, but I'm struggling to get myself into the Christmas mood.

But I will. I will surround myself with the boys so their excitement rubs off onto me.

It's dark by the time I hear the front door slam, as it means Kyle is finally back from wherever he's been all night.

The sound of footsteps thumping up the stairs telling me that he's running up them, and from all the noise sounds like he's in a really bad mood.

Frowning I continue to slowly move the toy car on the floor as I join Leo and the twins as we play with their car games on the living room rug, but I just get distracted as I hear kyles heavy footsteps stomping across the floor above my head as he's on the second floor now.

Something must still be wrong... and I need to find out what.

"Ah... boys, I'm just going to go see Kyle okay." I tell the three boys with a small smile, standing up from the floor and smile a little with a shake of my head as I realise they are too distracted from the game too notice I left.

Chuckling softly, I sneak out of the living room and head up the stairs, taking them two at a time until I reach the second floor for kyles room.

It has got something to do with Taylor, from what I saw in the classroom earlier today, and then the conversation they had on the phone... it's got to be that.

Standing outside his door across from mine, I stand and hesitate for a moment before raising my hand as I knock loudly on the bathroom door connecting the both of our rooms.

"Kyle?" I call out as I knock again, slowing opening the door as I step inside his room, "Kyle?"

"What sky?" I hear him sigh with frustration, and I see him sat on the end of his bed and see he's in the middle of putting his shirt over his head as his bag is at his feet.

I bite my lip as I lean against the door, "Can... can we talk?" I question, my voice slightly drifting off as I can see and hear the anger rolling off him and I sigh.

Kyle doesn't reply, only briefing glancing up to me with eyes that seem to be glued down to show he's keeping them narrowed, as he starts to pull out some books from his bag.

I sigh, stepping away from the door, "What was that during school? Is something wrong with you and Taylor?" I step further into the room, showing that I really do care with concern in my voice, as much as I hate her I only want him to be happy.

"Just stop it sky. I don't wanna talk." Kyle grunts shaking his head, "This isn't the time to talk about it damn."

I frown and cross my arms, "Isn't the time? When will that be then?" I huff, getting slightly annoyed at his cold and snappy behaviour which isn't like him at all.

"Just not fucking now." He speaks through a clench jaw continuing to dig through his bag in search of something.

"Why?" I don't give up, "Why not now? Come on I might be able to help you, your mad at Taylor I take it? I'm sure it's not that bad come on what did she say to y-"

"Just stop sky! It's what she fucking did! And no, I don't think you'll be able too help me." A hand runs through his blonde hair as he lets out a sigh again, looking torn about something.

"Oh..." I raise my eyebrow at him, my stomach just drops at the possible thought of what she could have done to him. "What did she do?" I ask quietly, not wanting to upset him further but needing too know.

"Ugh... god Sky! You make everything so damn hard for me!" He groans in frustration standing up from the end of his bed, "I shouldn't be the one to tell you this sky! I shouldn't... and oh gosh, I'm so sorry it's pretty bad." He mumbles near the end, shaking his head as his shoulders slump and I feel my stomach twisting more.