Chapter 61

Chapter 61

"It's alright.... We know your upset and trust me, knowing that Xavier hurt you is enough for us to rip his head off, but please tell us what happened-."

"Tell you what happened?" I laugh bitterly cutting Kyle off, "you really don't know what happened?"

Seeing their heads shake gives me the answer and I scoff, trying to hold back the tears bubbling up in my eyes, "he hooked up with that brunette tart Peyton right in front of me! That's what fucking happened." I spit out, pushing past mason as I move to leave the room in a rush.

"He what?!" I hear Mason roar, the anger in his voice slightly frightening me as I didn't expect that and I froze on the spot, turning to face him and seeing the anger flaring in his dark blue eyes.

"That's it! I knew I should have punched him much harder last night! That little fuck isn't getting away with this... oh no! Just fucking wait until I see him at school, oh I swear I'll-."

"Mason!" Kyle hisses cutting him off, "shut. Up." He glares towards him as he steps to my side, a silent conversation going on between their eyes.

I stare at my brother, blinking in shock... y-you hit him last night?" I squeak feeling my stomach tighten at the thought.

"Did I? Mason snorts shaking his head, "hell sky of course I did! The state you were in last night I didn't know what to think, just that he caused it!"

I feel my heart start to pound faster, images of my older brother mason throwing punches too Xavier crushing my heart as I can see the blood all over my hands. Oh god....

"It was hardly a punch sky..." mason rolls his eyes, seeing my wide eyed face, "the fucker hardly got any blood on him..." He clenched his jaw, "but now I just wish I smashed his head on the fucking pavement!"

"Mason!" My brothers voice hollers coming from the kitchen, a warning tone in his voice as he appears in the doorway, "Do not use that language in my house! And as for that threat, you will do no such thing or you're grounded!"

Masons eyes blaze with fury as his fists twitch down by his sides.

"Well someone has to do something!" He shouts "I'm not letting that idiot get away with fucking my little sister around! No... no way in fucking hell?!!"

Shaking my head, I take a step backwards, the image of mason hurting Xavier making me feel physically sick, even though I really think it shouldn't as he was right... and I don't understand why, because I would certainly like to smack him a few times myself.

Still hearing my brothers getting worked up, I rush over to the front door, only briefly slipping into my converses before I yank the door open and step out into the cold, windy winter air.

I need to clear my head. I need to clear these things out of my mind.

Wandering down the driveway that leads to the gate I open it and walk down the street not being able to stop shaking...

Taking a deep breath in a kick a rock with my shoe, making it skim across the ground as my mind plays images after images of what went on last night and tears fall.

Is this my fault?... for not being who Xavier wanted me to be? Have I really changed that much since we met?!

As I come up with many different answers for all of my questions, the sound of tyres crunching over a rock grabs my attention and I lift my head to see a car slowly making its way towards me up the street.. but my stomach drops as soon as I realise it was my boyfriend Xavier's, brothers car.

Keeping my head down I pick up my pace hoping that it's just Sam in there and that he doesn't know anything.. but my luck has run out as the car slowly comes to a stop a few meters away from me.. and to my horror the passenger door opening...

"Sky?"

No, no, no, no! I came to clear my head! Not run into the person who caused me to feel all of this pain and heart ache.

"Sky please wait!" Xavier calls as I have already now turned around and started to bristly walk back the way I came, but when I hear the footsteps running over the gravel my heart jumps when a hand grabs my shoulder.

"Sky..." Xavier breathes, "please... please just stop..."

I gulp, standing still as I try to ignore his touch on my shoulder and violently shake it off as I bite my lip hard, "What?!" The words have come out filled with venom as I try to resist the urge to let go and run in his arms.

I hear him release a sigh, almost in relief before he speaks again "Can we please talk? Please, just listen to me for a few minutes."

My stomach churns at the thought of hearing him try and explain, explaining all the sickening details of how him and Peyton have secretly being hooking up behind my back. And now Leaving me look like the complete idiot.

I swallow harshly, trying to keep my cool. "I would rather not thank you." I speak bluntly, attempting to walk back home.

"Please!" Xavier grabs my arm stopping me from moving, "Please... just... just hear me out, let me just explain okay, let us just talk... please..."

He's really doing a good job at making me feel like the bad guy, pushing me to boil over with sadness as I let him walk all over me again.

"I said.." I raise my voice a little louder before I can control it again and replying with a stern "NO!" And shake his hand free again.

"Sky! Come on fuck! Just let me talk okay."

"Oh gosh!" I throw my hands up and spin around to face him with a hard scowl on my face.