Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Two months later....

It's been two months since I've been with Xavier and it was super weird. My brothers didn't like it but they were happy for me nonetheless.

Taylor and I couldn't stand each other at all she was pissed I was dating her older brother but I didn't really care about her anyways.

I walk over to Xavier who seems to be in his own thoughts, until I step up to him and he meets my gaze, the delay of a smile slowly coming to his cold emotionless face... there's something he's not telling me?!

Taking his hand I tug at him with me out of the small crowded centre towards the edge of the dance floor where it's quieter and turn to face him.... "Xavier?" He looks to meet my eyes "what is it? "What's wrong with you?" I ask him, my voice louder so he can hear it.

"And don't tell me it's nothing because that's now obviously not true." I frown a little, getting a bit of concern as I look at him... seeing him sigh as he just looks somewhere else.

Yep... something is going on I know it?!

"It's nothing sky... it doesn't matter...." He shakes his head but I can't give up as I can still see in his eyes that something is wrong, and whatever it is, is now causing him not to enjoy tonight like I want him too. Like I wanted both of us too.

"Xavier..." I fold my arms, "what is it? Just tell me okay." The slight irritation of not knowing what is bothering him is showing in my voice as I try to be calm.

He lets out a sigh again, his face dropped to the floor so it avoids mine and my frown turns into a glare now.

"Fine... don't tell me then, I'll just go see what Ellie wants then..." I roll my eyes not being able to help my irritation now, "but first I'll take these stupid shoes off." I grunt as I bend down to slip off one of my heels , "stupid shoes hurt so much." I cuss as I pull the other one off.

"Why did you wear them then?" Xavier's voice now speaks up, and I blink at the sudden tone of his cold voice, the bluntness, even a little mean...

"I...I." I stare at him surprised by his tone as I come up with a sentence... "I... they match the dress..." I say lamely with a shrug, "Ellie and CJ said they were good..."

"Right... Ellie and CJ..." Xavier snorts and rolling his eyes and I blink at him again l, holding my shoes to my chest.

"They gave me advice..." I frown a little at the cold rudeness of his tone, "don't speak like that about my best friends..."

I hear him sigh again, this time the sigh sounding a little more irritated and angry, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that... fuck." He runs a hand through his hair roughly.

"How did you mean it then?" I frown at him, "why do you have something against my friends?"

Letting out a frustrated groan Xavier lifts his head to meet my eyes, "it's not about your friends."

"Then what is it about?" My voice raises a little bit more at the fact his did to mine and I feel anger now bubbling up.

Xavier stays silent for a moment, looking at me as I narrow my eyes to him and he seems to think for a moment before shaking his head, "No, no, nothing.. it just doesn't matter."

"Ugh." I start to really feel frustrated now, "stop doing that! If there's something bothering you then just tell me?!" I urge him, hating not knowing.

"Fine!" Xavier seems to let go of the invisible thing holding him back "you wanna know?!" He finally says and the look on my face gives him his answer.

"It's this Skylar! All this!" He waved his arms as he gestures towards my.... Body? "All this, the hair, the makeup, the dresses, the shoes! Those god damn shoes." He lets out a frustrated sigh, his hand now once again running through his hair as I stand there staring at him, "you would have never worn them sky. Ever. You would have never worn any of this. The sky I know hates girly clothes and makeup and all of it!" His eyes cast over my body, scrunching his nose up, with a shake of his head "it's different. Your different! You have to see it? When we first met you hated all of it and now all of a sudden you like it...how?!" He says taking a deep breath "this isn't the sky I know... this isn't the sky who's different from all those girly girls, nor the fiery, snappy sky that I wanted... this isn't the sky that I wanted to be my girlfriend nor the one I fell in love with..."

Staring at him as his words sink in. Swirling around my mind as I feel a pain in my chest and my heart is thumping loudly.

W-what?

"I'm... I... I..." I blink my eyes as it suddenly feels like the sound of the loud music is deafening me as I feel my chest ache.

Xavier let's out a long sigh, dropping his head... "oh god... look sky... I didn't..." he stumbles over his words even though I can barely hear him, "I didn't mean for it to come out that way..."

My jaw clenches as I swallow the lump in my throat, as I process what he's just said to me.

"N-no? I raise my head to him, pushing down the heart ache as feelings of anger take it's place "no?... then how the fuck did you mean for it to come out then Xavier?!"

I see the confliction of emotion come across his pale looking face as he seems to struggle to get any words out to me.