Chapter 74

Chapter 74

She did this I know it. She caused me to feel like my heart was being ripped out of my chest and then it was stepped on. She caused me to feel as if I was the one who did something wrong and hating myself for not seeing through what I thought were lies.

She did this.

Opening my eyes they soon harden as my my fists clenched and I shake away Kyle, "That fucking fake bitch!" I growl out, feeling the pure rage spreading through my veins and I feel about ready to explode.

"Sky.... Please, I know your upset, but please just calm down.."

"Upset?" I scoff "Oh Kyle... I'm not just upset, I'm fucking livid. I'm gonna rip her bloody head off her damn shoulders." I swear if I was a cartoon my eyes would be red right about now, "She did all this? She caused me to believe Xavier-..." My voice breaks as I speak his name, the end of my sentence dying on my tongue as I try and force back my sobs.

"No... no! I knew she was evil... but I didn't expect something from her like this."

"Sky-."

"NO!" I shout back pushing his hand away and then stepping forward, "I need air..." I gasp slightly as I make a dash for the bedroom door, hurrying along the corridor and then all the way back down our long stairs with my heart racing and my head was now pounding.

A week went by and it was now New Year's Eve and grey threw a small party with all of his work friends and Xavier's family was coming as well I was not happy when I heard.

Swallowing I stand up from my seat, excusing the others with telling them I'm going to the toilet, and quickly walk away from the table, merging into the crowd and reach the top of the steps before I hear a voice.

"Sky."

Taking a deep breath I slowly turn around, coming to face Xavier who's made his wave over quickly to me and I try to swallow my nerves.

As he steps closer, my eyes flicker around nervously as I wait for him to say something to me and I feel my heart racing.

".... Uh.... You look, you look lovely. You look so so pretty." He tells me, his voice smooth and almost calming if it wasn't for my racing heart and I look down to my dark blue jumper and black jeans and I smile a little softly at his words.

"Thank you." I speak, "I got it for Christmas..." I find myself saying and lifting my head slowly, "How was your Christmas?"

Blinking, he seems a little surprised by my question but shuffles his feet and sticks his hands in his small pockets, "Uh....Good." He nods, "It was good." He repeats looking to me with such an intensity it then causes butterflies to swarm. "You?"

"Y-yeah.." I stupidly stutter quickly and nodding my head, "W-was.... Fun..." I bite my lip as I drop my gaze again, why is this so hard? Just say it. Just open your mouth and say it.

"For everything that's happened.... I really do think it'll be best for us to just stop you know? To forget and just move on." I swallow thickly feeling a knot in my stomach and see the devastated look on Xavier's face.

"Because I can't..." I quickly take a breath, "I can't keep wondering if it's going to happen again, I just can't get hurt again Xavier... I just can't." I blink my eyes rapidly holding back tears.

"I was with my family for Christmas, and came too realise something. I was with everyone that I loved. They all mean the world to me Xavier, they protect me, they love me... but there's one thing they don't.." I gulp looking at him with teary eyes "They just don't have my heart Xavier, you do." I swallow blinking again and wipe my tears.

"That's why.... Why I just can't..."

"No, no... don't do this sky." Xavier mumbles, and rushing forward to stand in front of me and taking my hands as he looks down at me with such a heart breaking expression on his face.

"That's why I can't... I can't not be with you Xavier." I whisper out,"I can't do it anymore. I need you okay. I just need you again. The thought of not being with you hurts me and I still love you so much I just want you to hold me in your arms again." I finish with a deep breath gulping back air as I look up to meet his gaze, feeling my heart beating so fast I swear he can hear it, as I search his eyes I find what I'm looking for.

"Xavier?" I speak quietly, and biting my lip as I was kinda worried something like this might happen to us, "Xavier please..." I manage to breath out the last syllable before I hear his voice.

"You serious?" He whispers so quietly I can hardly hear him.

I blink at him nodding my head and before I know it I'm crushed into a tight hug, and nearly taken off my feet.

"Oh gosh! I thought you meant you were ending it! I thought you were going too leave me." He trails off breaking and I feel his arms snake around my waist and rest my head against his chest. "Oh gosh I love you. I love you! I'm so sorry. I love you more than anything else in my life. Oh god. you have no damn idea how much you scared me." His voice returns to a whisper and he squeezes me tightly again, a small giggling mixed with my tears leave my lips as I hug him back tightly.

"Don't be silly. I love you more than anything in this world, I never wanted too leave you."

With a small, delighted, happy laugh, Xavier actually spins me around once before placing my feet back on the floor, taking my face in his hands and then firmly kissing my lips.

"I love you." He mumbles against them, pulling away slightly, "I will do anything. Everything that you may want. Including what you said. Not hurting you I promise I'll try." He whispers taking his hands from my face, I apologise for that little hiccup there, but I just couldn't help myself but from now on we will start slow and build this up until we are back where we were." I smile stupidly at the grin spread across his face.

Giggling a little at his hint towards the small kiss, not that I minded, and I'm also super proud that he agrees. Starting back at the bottom, where we began, to build this relationship between us back up step by step.

It's the only way to make sure that neither of us will get so badly hurt again. I know it will work because I love him.

I love him so much.

"THREE."

"TWO."

"ONE."

"HAPPY NEW YEAR."

The roar of peoples cheers fill the air along with the first screeching of a rocket shooting up into the sky before the loud bang follows as coloured sparks fly down.

A smile is glued to my face as I had watched the first firework of the night and it was the first firework of the new year.

Glancing around me, I smile again feeling my heart warm. I have many people in my life, many people who love me and who mean the world to me. They just all happen to be surrounded around me and I'm glad.

Even the rest of the deans are standing by, all were looking onwards to the display above them, Taylor was standing next to Kyle even though they weren't together anymore.

Sam, Riley and the parents were standing next to my brothers grey and Greg. Kai was holding Leo who was asleep and mason was holding one of the twins as mark had the other.

Everyone is surrounded by people they love. Which is a gift especially with this moment right now being the very start of a brand new year.

Me and my twelve brothers? We will argue, possibly fight, but that's how we show our love.

Me and Xavier? We're going to be just fine.

And me?

There's no question there, I've got all I could want surrounding me right now, that's more than I could ever ask for.

**************

I hope you've read this far! If so I appreciate it so much.

THE END!!!