Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Taylor let's out an irritated sigh, rolling her eyes as she pushes herself away from the table, "It's none of you twos fucking business okay." She snaps before she follows my brothers lead and storms out of the classroom, leaving not only me, but pretty much all of us feeling confused.

But before anyone can say anything more, the home class teacher rushes in a few minutes late, ordering us all to sit down as she claims we have a lot to do today.

But I can hardly see myself concentrating on work today with knowing something is very wrong with my older brother.

~~~~~

Halfway through the school day I get a message, that tells me I need to go down the office as the principal needs to see me.

So as I'm walking down the empty corridor I begin to feel a little nervous as to why he would want to see me, what have I done? Something good? Bad? Gosh I hated not knowing.

As I'm turning the corner, I freeze as I hear the loud sound of something crashing into the lockers that were up ahead, and the sound of raised voices.

"Your such a mummas boy!"

"You pathetic rat! Making up all these lies!"

Hearing the voices of much older boys I frown and step around the corner, coming to a shock as I come to see what's in front of me.

Ryan.

Three boys surround him as one of them pushes him against the lockers roughly, calling him names and pushing and shoving him. My heart races as I feel frozen to the spot for a few seconds coming too now register that the guy terrified against the lockers is my older brother.

He only came to school today too collect everything that he needs for the holidays, to get any incomplete work that he can finish or hand in, and he was meant to be gone by lunch... but now, now I find him being pushed up against the lockers and the three assholes I've been cussing about for days I'm now seeing the boys in person.

But before I can even step foot and call out angrily to stop these guys, a voice echoes across the halls just before mine does.

"Oi! What the fuck do you think your doing right now?!"

I freeze, along with the three guys. My heart pounds as my head starts to swirl as I hear that damn voice.

"Get the fuck away from him."

Blinking in disbelief, my gaze drifts over to the other end of the corridor too see Xavier walking angrily towards the boys, his fists clenched and eyes set on a hard glare and he catches one of the guys by the red shirt, pulling them away from Ryan and then he was pushing them against the lockers themselves.

"You wanna go and bully people huh? Fine then, I dare you to hit me, go on then! Go ahead and hit me like you hit him." He growls, standing in front of the guy letting him go and then I see another boy start too shake, turning and then he was shuffling away from Xavier.

"Yeah! That's right, go and run away like the dumb, pathetic guys you are! Don't you ever come near my brother again! Do you hear me." He shouts down the corridor and I duck behind the wall as the boys rush past me, hurrying as they stumble over their own bags and a smile comes to my lips.

Looking back around the corner Xavier now steps towards Ryan, and I can't hear what he's saying as he's no longer shouting, but he lowers his height to Ryan's level, smiling softly at him as he places his arm on his shoulder and he says something as my brother nods.

I stare in awe as Xavier stands back and keeps his arm slung over Ryan's shoulder as he guided him to the end of the corridor after picking his bag up for him.

I cannot believe what I've just witnessed, blinking I feel the stinging in my eyes as I feel on the verge of tears but just for a completely different reason then I have been crying over him.

Oh wow... as much as I hate Xavier right now, I can't help but feel a little of my shattered heart begin too heal a bit as I no longer have too worry about my older brother.

But that smile soon drops, because as I come close to the principals office, on the chairs outside I see the familiar brunette.

A familiar brunette with a dark bruised cheek, a small black eye and busted lip just like what I had at the moment.

And suddenly I remember the most important thing and why I was here... I'm in so much trouble I'm so dead.

Oh damn.

~~~~

I got sent home. I got three weeks of detention as I arrive back at school next year as well and I got a big lecture on fights.

Growling I angrily slam my locker shut. I groan, can anything else happen to me today?!

That little whore totally screwed me over. She only went and ran to the head, blubbering and mumbling about some stupid story of how I just attacked her out of nowhere first.

Yes, I threw the first hit. Yes there is evidence of that as well. But I was provoked! She fucking provoked me with her stupid ugly fucking face!

Ugh! God! I was Slamming the door of my locker repeatedly, I imagined it was her face between it so I could get the revenge on her that she damn deserves after all she had done.

"Whoa! Whoa! Calm down what did the locker ever do to you love?"

Slamming it shut once again, I rest my head against it, breathing heavily and squeezed my eyes shut as I heard his voice. A voice I don't want to be hearing at this moment.

"Go away." I grit my teeth clenching my hands as I try and control my anger before I start another damn school fight.

"Wow... I haven't seen you this angry in....... well I don't think I ever have."

"Ugh.... Shut up Xavier! You are the last person I want to see right now." I snap, kicking the door as I grab my bag from the floor and turning to make a quick exit.

But as always, I never can get away when Xavier is near me.

"Wait! Hold up." He comes to a stop in front of me, "something must be really wrong, Sky come on, you can tell me..." He frowns, his voice almost making me cry as he cares.