Chapter 58

Chapter 58

No, no... I just feel the breaking and the weight of my heart.

I run into a railing, collapsing against it as I struggle to breathe through the sobs that shake my body and I grip hold of the railing as my legs begin too feel weak and give out from under me so I drop to the concrete floor, not even caring that the ground has scraped my bare knees.

I hear shouts in the distance, and I squeeze my eyes shut as my chest aches. Constricting even tighter as I breathe out for gasps of air, I start to feel dizzy and grip the railing tighter.

"Sky! Oh god, holy shit, sky!"

A body comes to my side, and I barely just recognise it as belonging to Ellie as she crouches down to my height.

"Sky? Sky, it's alright..... it's okay.... Shhh... I'm right here." She coos, rubbing my back as she wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me close towards her.

But I refuse, and pull away from her hold as I grasp hold of the railing, wobbly pulling myself up too my feet and pushing away the comfort that Ellie wants to give me...

"N-No....no...." My words manage to mumble out through the sobs that pass my lips even though I try to stop.

"SKY?"

I squeeze my eyes closed again as my head aches and hurts as I hear that voice.... His voice..

"Sky! Sky!"

"Sky, come on.... Come on babe come with me." Ellie says her voice cutting of the shouts in the distance as her arms just come back around me, trying to pull me from the railing..

"Sky?! Sky what's going on?!" I hear the distant call coming from one of my brothers voices and I feel my body fall against Ellie's as she practically holds me up as my legs feel too god damn shaky to even stand on my own..

"Sky?!" An out of breath mason comes rushing to my side, eyes wide open as he takes in my appearance and the blood on my hands and dress, and my tears all over my face...

"What happened?! Sky? Sky..." I try to hide my face from him, pushing weakly for him to move as I turn my head, stumbling out of Ellie's hold.

"You! What did you fucking do?!"

My ears ring as the voices are raised, shouting voices and I let slip a whimper, pushing Ellie's arms away again as she attempts to grab me...

I need to get away from here..

Pushing past Ellie my feet stumble forward as I try to move to get away, my feet, that are bare and I did not realise until now, hit the hard concrete as even with the feeling of my wobbly legs, I push myself away, my pace gradually turning into a quick run.

My chest and head pound, the aching was spreading from my chest to every single part of my body. It is hurting to breathe but I still push my legs forward, not wanting to go back there...

Coming to the school gates, I crash into them, as I choke on my sobs as I drag in strangled breaths, and clutching at the metal of the gates... oh god... god... this feels like a dream... this can't be going on right now. No.... No... I'll wake up any minute now...

"Sky?"

My eyes snap open as a gasp leaves my lips, as I now suddenly become aware of my surroundings.. and I am aware of the fact this is really happening....

"No..." my voice mumbles out quietly as I lift my head up to see him stood there... "no... no... get away from me..." I start to turn away, pulling myself along the gate to the opening...

"No, no sky listen to me."

A hand grabs my shoulder roughly, stopping me and turning my body around to come face to face with a wide eyed, worried looking Xavier.

"Sky please! Just listen! It wasn't what it looked like okay. Sky please just-"

"No."

I turn my head to look at him, sick of hearing his lies, and my voice surprisingly comes out louder than I thought, cutting Xavier off.

"No... no..." I shake my head stepping back a tiny step, "No! It wasn't what it looked like?! Oh please Xavier how stupid do you think I am. I'm not dumb so stop fucking thinking I am okay." The anger now boiling up through my body as I let it show in my tone.

"That's what everyone says! 'It's not what it looked like', pile of fucking bullshit that I've heard all of my brothers say millions of times to all of the girls they lie too. No. No. Xavier you're wrong it was what it looked like!!"

"No, Sky I swear! I'm telling you, it's wasn't-."

"Shut up!" My voice suddenly sparks up louder than I've heard, almost sounding like a screech that echos out across the deserted, dark car park as I stand now facing the person who is causing my heart to break into two pieces...

....stop... just stop saying that! I won't listen! All I ever do to you is listen Xavier. Listen to you feed me lies for the past few months! Ooh god! I'm so dumb I am so fucking dumb." I groan, my hands tugging at my hair in anger as my mind is overloaded by it all. Has everything he's ever said to me been a lie?!

"Sky please... I'm so, so, so sorry, but please just-" as I hear him plead I shake my head, cutting him off I don't want to listen to any more lies.

"No! No Xavier I've had it." I shake my head wiping furiously at my eyes, with a small bitter laugh "you told me I'm not what you want anymore, hell maybe I never was! But you know what? That's not even the part that hurts me the most." I shake my head as tears fall "the worst part is that you broke your so called promise... you said you'd keep a smile on my face all night.. and I believed you." I said coldly