Chapter 57

Chapter 57

"I... I didn't..." he shakes his head, dragging his hand down his face before taking his mask off his face "sky sky... just listen..."

"No..." I cut him off, "No, no! I think you've said just about enough don't you?" I snarl my eyes narrowing behind my mask as I shuffle the shoes in my cold hands "I'm not the sky you want..."

"No... sky... just-"

But I don't let him finish, or well don't hear what he says because I have turned on my heels before he opened his mouth and I'm rushing through the big crowd, towards the doors, trying my hardest to hold back my tears that want to escape...

'nor the sky I fell in love with..'

'You're different'

'This isn't the sky I know'

I'm not what he wants.

Bursting through the door of the toilets, I gasp for air at the weight coming down on my chest and the tears that get released, not being able to hold it back anymore, I stumble into the cubicles, forgetting the fact two of my best friends are in here already.

Pushing my way through to a cubicle, I ignore the surprised voices of my friends, and them calling my name as I lock myself in one of the cubicles, putting my shoes on the floor as I drop on the toilet seat as I hear a thud.

My hands grasping the material of my dress as I try to contain my heavy breathing as I watch tear drops, staining the white flowey material in my hands.

"Sky? Sky! What's wrong? What the hell has just happened?!" Ellie and CJ stammer on the other side of the door as I release silent sobs into my coldish hands, moving my mask up too wipe underneath my eyes and I bang my fist on the wall as hard as I can as lots of blood drips from my hand.

I've turned into a person I despised he was so right what am I doing?!

I angrily throw my mask to the floor, then kicking my shoes over and roughly tugging at my dress. I should not have worn this. It's not me. But I just thought he'd like it. I thought he wanted me to be like other girls.

The hair, the makeup, the clothes... the shoes. It was all for him!

Oh god! Im so stupid... so, so... stupid.

I continuously punch the wall as blood poured from my knuckles as I hear the other two scream for me to stop it.

"Sky? What did you do your hand!" Ellie says

Looking up startled as I hear Ellie's voice call from up above, I see her head sticking over the top of the cubicle, looking down at me with wide eyes.

"Oh Sky your bleeding." She says to me

"Oh my gosh, babe what the hell happened?" She says, clearly seeing the state I'm in and then I shake my head, breathing in deeply as I sniff, standing up from the seat.

Im so pathetic. Sat here crying when I shouldn't be I'm tougher than this or at least I thought I was. I should be arguing straight to his face right now not in here hiding away, that's what I should do.

Unlocking the door, I open it harshly surprising Cj and step out, seeing my reflection in the mirror, and have slightly smeared makeup, bloody knuckles, I have blood on my dress.

I walked out of the cubicle snatching my mask from the floor, I ignore the calls from my two friends as I rush back to the door, exiting the bathroom and I leave those stupid shoes behind and step into the corridor.

I need to find him. Talk to him rather than hiding in the toilets and crying I'm tougher than that. I need to find him now.

Walking quickly down the long corridor, I hear CJs and Ellie's voices at the other end of the hall but I ignore it and keep walking as I see people looking at me worried.

I reach back to the reception, stepping behind the curtain that blocks the way and I'm about to move around it when something catches my eye....

Turning to my left, to the entrance that leads to the canteen, behind the closed door I see a figure. A big figure who's wearing a black tuxedo the only thing giving him away is the bit of tattoo around his neck sticking out.

My heart suddenly drops to my stomach, the wind being knocked out of me as if I've just been stabbed in the chest as I see, behind the glass door... a small brunette in a blue long dress is now attached to my boyfriends lips up on the canteen counter...

Peyton.

Everything seems to freeze as my mind catches up with what my eyes have just seen...

Xavier.

Xavier and Peyton.

My mind doesn't seem to register it, as I stand there feeling my heart shatter with every second I stay still in shock.

No... no, no, no.

I can't breathe. I can't even think straight as I all I can see is someone all over the person who's meant to be mine...

"Sky?"

A body runs into me but I don't move away, my feet seem to be frozen in spot, but my eyes flicker to the face of my best friend.

"Sky?! What the hell-"

Ellie's voice suddenly stops, as she sees what I see. Sees what I see just at the moment that the tall guys muscly figure pulls away.

"Oh my gosh..." I hear her whisper, and as I feel the stinging sensation start back up again, a sudden rush of adrenaline pulses through my veins, and as those dark blue eyes meet mine, my feet are moving once again.

Pushing past anyone in my way, I make a run for the main entrance door, bursting into the cold air but keep running as I don't seem to feel the bitterness of it.