Chapter 44

Chapter 44

A week goes by and I was finally back at school I'm kinda glad.

I went to the cafe after school with Ellie and the others again.

"Ohhh I like this." I said

"Haha I told ya it's popular." Ellie grins sipping at hers

We spent like two hours in this cafe, just talking and getting to know more about each other's lives. I had found out Ellie doesn't have a mum she left when she was little, cj had six older brothers and a drug addict mum and dad, lyle was an only child with an alcoholic father, and Eli had two loving parents and a sister.

I have a little crush on cj but I know he doesn't like me more than a friend which is okay because he's to good for me.

"Bye sky! I'll see you tomorrow." Ellie grins as she hugs me tightly as we leave the small cafe.

I blink in surprise and kinda awkwardly hug her back after not really getting used to hugs from other than my brothers just yet... well only some of my brothers.

She pulls back, turning to Kyle and hugs him just as tightly making his eyebrows raise and then I chuckle slightly at the look on his face.

Cj smiles at me "bye sky." He says and gives me a hug as well as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Eli chooses to wave bye to me making me slightly chuckle but I smile lightly back at him and then wave back.. before Kyle and I turn around in the opposite direction from them, walking down the street to wait for Dion to come get us as we have no idea how to get back home still, not knowing our way around the town just yet.

I hear Ellie still shouting bye in the distance making me laugh and then Ellie and the others are out of my sight.

"Well... she's... something alright." Kyle says

I smirk rolling my eyes "yeah I know.. but I like her Kyle." I said smiling

I see him look at me as we come to a stop at the end of the street to wait for Dion "you do huh." He says to me but it's more to himself as he looks down the street.

I shrug "yeah.... All of them... they are all so nice to me." I mentally cringe at the word 'nice' used to talk about someone.

"Hmmm." Kyle hums a response "I guess." He says shrugging, making me internally roll my eyes at him as he's never been the one to make friends he doesn't even like other people besides the family we didn't really need anyone else.

We wait in silence until I see the familiar shape of dions car and soon enough he pulls up at the side of the curb.

"Let's go guys." He says smirking slightly at us as he stops the car.

I roll my eyes at him before I climb into the back of the car and Kyle sits in the front.

"So where did you guys go." Dion asks us as he pulls away from the curb.

"To the cafe with friends." I say scrunching up my nose not knowing if they are considered my friends yet or not....

"Friends huh." Dion looks at me through the mirror and smiles "cool you guys made some friends here already." He says nodding.

I shrug "I don't know." I mumble looking out of the window.

Dion chuckled lightly "well they either are or aren't your friends sky." He says sounding amused.

I narrow my eyes slightly at his back but I don't say anything...

"You know you should bring them over... grey would be so happy." He says as he turns a corner leading up to our house already.

"Hmm." I respond before frowning "we're not 10 anymore dion." I say remembering that's what they were like when we were kids.

He chuckled and shrugs "I know I was just saying sky." He says shooting me a small smile.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest and looking out of the window again feeling a bit dumb as Dion is giving us advice on friends.. Jeez we know this.

I shake my head forgetting it and climb out of the car as soon as it stops outside our house and trudge up to the front door.

~~~~~

"Sky." Someone comes running into my legs making me stumble slightly, but I look down and smile at Leo's blue eyes.

"Hey little man." I scoop him up in my arms, placing him on my hip as I continue down the stairs.

He grins at me, excitement shining through his blue eyes and practically bouncing up and down.

I chuckle at him knowing why he was so excited.

"We're going to beach skyyy." He bounces again and grinning.

"Yeah I know kiddo." I smile at him heading towards the kitchen where mostly everyone is getting ready.

"I cant wait... grey said that he will buy me some ice cream." He says grinning at me.

I raise my eyebrow at him "oh really now." I say to him and he nods.

"Ah! Sky there you are..." my brothers voice cuts in as we enter the kitchen "can you go and get ready then help Leo as well and then meet us out by the cars." He said glancing up at him as he's packing a big bag of god knows what.

I nod "sure grey." I say before turning back around the way I came and head back up the stairs towards Leos room.

I place him on the floor and let him run around his room gathering the things he wants to bring while I find his swim shorts. As Leo happily blabbers on about the beach.

I don't blame him.. we haven't been to the beach since mum and dad died two years ago and then.. Leo was only 2 so he wouldn't remember so I get it.