Chapter 66

Breathing out a deep sigh with my head resting in my hands I try to make sense of all of these thoughts in my head so I can clear it.

I missed him all the time I'd been days since I even yelled at him. I love him and it hurt me deeply that he even kissed someone else.

Especially after explaining to me that he says that he loves me. You can't love someone and then go and do that to them.

I just can't get my head around it. The fact that we didn't see it.. the fact I didn't see it. Or not even why Ryan didn't come to one of us before it got bad in the first place.

Groaning to myself, I run my hands down my face as I lift my head slightly up, staring down towards my feet.

Why can't anything be simple for me? Why does it all have to turn to shit and hurt you?

"Sky?"

Startled by the sudden voice I suddenly sit up with a small gasp in surprise, blinking my teary eyes i see a figure standing there, and then my heart pounds as the sudden thought of who it is and who comes too my mind, but as they step closer I relax as I see the dark black hair of my best friend.

Sniffing, I wipe at my eyes, hugging myself with my arms as I look back at the ground.

"Leave me alone please.." My voice comes out soft as I avoid looking up at him.

Hearing him step closer, over the bench in front of me he comes to a stop right beside me, "you need to stop telling people to do that.." He sighs, his voice sounding a little irritated as he sits down next to me sighing.

"The past few days that's all we have heard sky! You can't keep pushing us all away we just want to help you." He said angrily

"Help me?" I choke out, and shifting position again, "How could you possibly help me CJ?!" I sniff again, cursing myself that I can't even stop these tears from falling.

CJ sighs and I lift my head looking off into the woods and wishing that I could go in there and just never come back out and face anyone.

"If you let us all help you maybe it would help you feel better." He mumbles, "Sky, you didn't leave your room for days every time we all visited your family said you didn't even come out for them at all either we need you as well you know." He said

I swallow as I feel a sting of guilt seep up through me , knowing where he's getting at.

"You wouldn't let any of us talk to you, I had to be informed you cried every night and nobody could go and help you."

I squeeze my eyes shut not wanting to hear this.

"Look... I'm just saying that... I know what you feel about it all.. I've been there. Before you came I was cheated on myself and it killed me for months and she never apologised to me she just moved schools as I felt like I'd never love again..." He sighed

"Then I met you.. you changed the way I felt about girls again. I fell in love with you the moment that we met and I'd never hurt you the way that Xavier did." He said

I swallowed harshly, feeling my chest tighten and I wipe at a fallen tear, "I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry that I caused everyone hell. I'm sorry I didn't notice what went on with my older brother! I'm sorry I got my heart broken by someone I loved."

"You loved him?" He said

"I do love him, I'm sorry if that hurts you cJ but I do love him so much yes." I said

He sighed as he just sat there silently for a second as I felt awful. I loved him at one point but then I got with Xavier.

"Sky!" CJs voice calls as I rushed too the end of the bleacher's, but don't get very far as a hand grabs my arm, pulling me to a stop.

Trying to tug my arm free as Cj pulls me around to face him, a small whimper leaves my lips as I was struggling with him.

"No... no... let me go.

"Sky! Will you just stop!"

"No! It's my fault! My fault that he chose her over me! My fault that I believed his lies! My fault that my brother is being bullied! My fault that I didn't even notice!"

"No! No sky..." CJ raises his voice to be heard over mine. "No..." He speaks quieter with a sigh, "No this isn't your fault none of it is okay." He whispered but I cut him off.

"Yes! It is! I'm the one that made him go and kiss someone else! He told me I wasn't what he had now  wanted anymore cj! Do you get that?! It's my fault that I'm not." I push at his hands as he tries to grab mine, "It's all my fault."

"NO!" CJs voice shouts as he manages to grab hold of my hands, "No sky stop! Will you just listen too yourself, who even is this person?!" His eyes flared wide as he stares down at me, holding my arms very tightly.

"What happened to the old you huh? The one who would snap at you with something fiery and always had a good comeback. The one who would argue with anyone until she went blue! What happened to that sky? Because this definitely isn't you. Your not the Skylar I met." He said

"Seems that way too everyone lately. I'm the one who nobody wants. They all expect me to be this one girl and I've changed." I said sadly

My legs start to feel weak and I drop down on the bench, covering my face with my hands as I start to shake. His words circling my mind and I do know he's right.