Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I don't even know how long I stayed like that.... But it seemed like hours, just curled up in a tight ball, my tears stopped ages ago and dried to my cheeks, but I didn't dare move.... I hated myself for saying what I did.

I suddenly hear a soft knock on my bedroom door and I cringe slightly, curling up tighter in a ball and I don't answer.

"Sky..?" Calls a quiet, soft and small childish voice as I hear the door open slightly.

"Sky...?" Leo's voice calls out a bit louder this time and I jerk my body, pushing myself up and blinking, trying to clear my vision and see through my dark room.

Leo's bright blue eyes is the first thing I see and he comes climbing up onto my bed, clutching some toy car to his chest and looking at me.

I sit up, sniffing and wiping my eyes with my sleeve and face him sitting cross legged in the middle of my bed as he smiles at me as he crawls over.

"What's up sweetheart." I ask quietly as he climbs up onto my lap and sits there, looking up at me with his baby blue eyes.

"Why you sad skyyy." He frowns, stretching out my name and tilting his head up to look up at me.

A small smile comes to my face at how cute he is and I wrap my arms around his small frame "nothing Leo I'm okay kiddo." I murmur against his blonde hair that's so soft.

Leo 'hmms in response and I rest my head on top of his, breathing in his toddler smell, partly of the washing and partly of greys cologne, mixed with his own weird smell.

That always gets me washed back into my childhood as I smile. "Sky. Can we go to the beach." Leo asks me randomly making me raise my head and smile at him at how he says my name.

"Yeah.... Sure Leo that's okay." I smile slightly down at his little face and he beams grinning.

"Can grey come." He asks biting his lip and giving me puppy eyes.

I chuckle slightly giving him a squeeze "course he can silly." I smile flicking his nose gently making him slightly giggle....

He beams more, "can we build some sandcastles there." He asks his eyes getting excited and smiling over at me making me smile again.

"Yes, yes we can Leo." I chuckle quickly kissing his cheek making him wrinkle his nose but then smiles as I said yes.

"Can we, can we go in the sea." He says excitedly, wobbly standing up from my lap and in front of me beaming.

"Yeah Leo we can do anything you want to do there I can even buy you ice cream." I say and then raising my eyebrow at him.

His eyes light up and he grins, showing his adorable dimples he's got from mum and dad and he jumps on me hugging me tightly.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you sky." He bounces up and down on my bed after hugging me and making me laugh at him.

I climb up off my bed and scoop him up in my arms, holding him like a baby. "Come on then sweets let's go get grey." I smile as he giggled happily as I lift him over my shoulder.

I walk down the hallway towards the stairs with a laughing Leo over my shoulder and I smile, loving his carefree childish laugh...

As we get to the bottom of the stairs I bit my lip hard knowing Dion was down here. As much as I don't want to be the first to come and then apologise to the other person I did do something wrong.

Which I most certainly didn't mean and I can't avoid or hold this from Dion he's my brother. We're all family here!

I swing Leo back over my shoulder and making him shriek and giggling as I place him down on the floor I smile down at him and ruffle his hair.

He grins and follows me into the kitchen, where... sure enough Dion is stood, with his back towards me by the sink washing plates I think..

I take a breath as I don't really do this often I never apologise first. But Dion didn't do anything wrong I did...

I shake my head and before I can change my mind I walk upto him and I wrap my arms around his waist then burying my head into his back as I sob into his shirt.

"I didn't mean it dion..." I whisper into his shirt, not sure if he heard me or not but I do hear the water stop splashing about.

He obviously did hear me though as he turns around and pulled me into a proper hug...

"It's okay sky..." he says quietly into my hair and I hug him tight closing my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper, barely being heard.... But like I said.. I don't normally apologise it's just not me not even to my other brothers when we prank each other.

"It's okay sky... I know you didn't mean it and I'm so sorry as well." He says pulling back and then looking down at me with his dark ocean blue eyes just like our dads...

He gives me a small smile as he kissed my forehead and I smiled back. I slightly nod, giving him one last quick hug and then heading back out of the kitchen and sighing as it feels like a massive weight was now lifted.

I shake it off now... as it's all okay but I still know deep down that If I could rewind the last few hours so I never said any of that to them I would.

As I head back upstairs, I realise Leo has scurried off into the living room, where I think grey is.

"So I see Leo came to get you then." I look up to see Mason coming down the stairs as he kissed my cheek.