Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I flop into a seat next to Xavier who's glaring in the direction the guy went. Gosh not him as well. While Kyle and mason are raising a curious eyebrow and Kai, Ryan, mark and Evan sit back down grumbling some words that should not be repeated.

I snatch an apple from kyles tray that's next to me and stick my tongue out at him as he shoots me a glare.

"What... you gonna let your little sister go hungry now are ya." I mock and shake my head "bad brother you are." I smirk and take a bite out of it as I hear the others snicker and Xavier smirks slightly and looks away.

Conversation starts within they guys and their new 'mates' who I keep catching glancing at me, making me cringe.

The rest of lunch is... acceptable, I just sit there at the table listening to their boring conversation about some random rubbish.

It's the last lesson of the day thank god! I'm so over it.

This school is like a damn zoo why is there so many people.

Oh and to make it worse, Kyle isn't in my class. I'm on my own. And it is English. Ugh.

I slump into a random seat at the back of the class, wishing the hour away already.

"Hey." A cheery voice suddenly comes from my right and I turn my head to see a smiling girl sitting in the chair next to mine.

I raise an eyebrow at the girl, with her dark brown hair that is different shades starting with a light brown to dark at the end. She had dark brown eyes and she is grinning at me.

"Ugh... hi." I say slightly hesitantly and then turn to the front again.

"I'm Ellie! Well actually Elliana. But nobody calls me that, so it's Ellie." She gushes smiling at me.

"You're the new girl right." She says still smiling at me.

"Um, yeah." I answer glancing at her from the corner of my eye, "sky."

She smiles wider, "nice name. Hey let me guess it's short for... hm... Skylar?" She questions

I nod "yeah."

"That's Awesome, we've already got something in common!" She grins turning around in her seat to face the front properly "we both have names that are shortened."

I can't help but smile slightly in amusement.

"Our eye colour! Brown!" She grins and I blink not realising.

She giggles slightly. "I bet we have more things in common than you think." She smiles facing the front again and I frown confused, what is that supposed to mean?

The teacher, mr Sampson starts the lesson now, so I don't have a chance to question her. She's just sat there with a slightly amused face.

It feels like she is saying "I know something that you don't know." Which makes me confused, but maybe I'm just overthinking about this.

English drags on. Mr Sampson rambling on about some random crap I'm not even paying attention.

Finally the bell rings and everyone grabs their stuff, racing to the door.

As I pack up my stuff I see Ellie smiling at me with her bag over her shoulder.

"Hey, wanna grab a milkshake?" She asks still smiling "because there's this amazing place down the street that does amazing milkshakes." She beams

I smile slinging my bag over my shoulder, "yeah sure, why not. Milkshakes would be good."

She grins "great. Come on then." I follow her out the classroom, with a slight smile on my face, maybe I found a friend.

My smile suddenly drops though as we step out of the corridor and I remember, how could I forget?!

I have 12 older overprotective brothers, the reason I don't have many friends, no wait! Why I have NO friends.

"We can meet up with Eli and cj, some of my mates you will love them." Ellie grins as we walk out of the doors into the car lot and turns to me grinning but instantly dropping it and she frowns concerned.

"What's wrong?" She asks

I internally groan and my eye automatically sees my brothers by the cars.

"Um, I'm really sorry but I don't think I will be able to come." I say my gaze still on my brothers.

She frowns again "oh." She says but gets cut off following my gaze and her eyebrows raise and a smile appears "whoa... damn who are they." She eyes them up.

I cringe and frown and start walking "my brothers." I say "I'm sorry I can't come." And i can see her look surprised over the fact I told her that they are my brothers.

"Hey sis. Good day?" Mason smirks, I just roll my eyes and shrug climbing into the unlocked car.

Why didn't I go with Ellie?!

I would have if it wasn't for these boys they are just so overprotective. Because as soon as people find out who my brothers are they only become my friend to use me and then get to my older siblings. I hate it I've lost so many friends.

I don't want that to happen again.

So I would rather make my own choice and turn down friendship rather than have hope that they will be my friend and then use me to get to the boys.

"OW! You little shi-." I growl cutting myself off before I swear at my 7 year old brother who's looking at me all innocent like he didn't just kick me hard in the shin for no reason.

I narrow my eyes the the blonde haired twin and rub my skin, cussing under my breath, why the hell did he just kick me.

He grinned and spun around so fast and then darted down the corridor, "I did it mason," he yelled then running for masons room.

I growl and glare in the direction of masons room,
I should have known he put jack up to that I bet it was a stupid dare. What a prick.

I could hear mason snickering as I headed down the stairs still glaring and plotting my revenge on my brother mason.