Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Not giving him another chance to open his mouth and speak, I take off running again, out through the gate of the school into the street, pushing my legs to move faster worried that he might've decided to run after me... and I tell myself that I don't want him to do that... no, I don't want him to follow me.

Slowing down as I grasp my side, my breathing is coming out heavy and uneven as it's mixed with the sobs coming out of my lips, my vision blurred from the tears and with no idea where I'm going, it doesn't cross my mind that I don't even have anything on me...

As I reach a street with an orange glow of street lights, I feel the first drop of water hitting my bare arms. I can't work out how long I've been walking but I can now feel the sharpness of the concrete on my feet, even the chill bitter cold wind starts to get to my bare arms as everything that was once numb to feel is now coming back and hitting me all at once...

And now the heavens have decided to drop buckets of water down from above.

And I'm pretty sure the weather is matching how I feel as the droplets of rain become heavier and more frequent around.

Hugging my arms to my chest as in seconds I get soaked from head to toe, my hair falling, sticking to my neck and face, my dress drenched and clinging to me as goosebumps cover my entire skin.

But no... no I don't care, the coldness of the rain is now numbing everything that I don't want too feel. and I don't want the numbing to go...

A sudden blare of a horn startles me though and I then lift my head and I blink my eyes squinting as a large vehicle pulls up to the side of the curb.

"Sky."

Hearing a familiar voice shout, I become a little bit panicky as to who it was, but as soon as I see the bus we arrived in I calm down.. I see mason and Kyle in the opened doorway as the bus slowly drives along the road...

"Sky!" His voice sounds distant from over the sound of the pouring rain and I blink rapidly as a rain drop falls on my eyelashes.

"Sky! Come on, are you crazy!? Come over here you fucking idiot."

No.... But I don't want too. I want to stay here. Stay where everything is feeling numb.

"SKY!"

I have no choice, because mason seems to get a little impatient and he jumps from the bus, running over to me through the rain and wrapping his arm over my shoulders, "come on sky, you can't stay out here.. let's go get you warm okay." He pulls my reluctant body with him towards the bus, pushing me in front of me as I step up the step, seeing the driver sitting at the wheel but I ignore the look on his face, not wanting to see anyones pity for me.

"Come on sky, gosh your freezing..." mason says to me murmuring, as the door closes and he comes up behind me, guiding me through the bus and I take no notice of the design of it this time, only noticing it's eerily quiet in here.

"God Sky.." mason cusses as I feel my body start to shiver as I stand staring blankly ahead, "gosh.. okay.. come on... sit down.." a warmth of a fabric wraps over my shoulders as mason moves me to the seats at the back of the bus, a dry large coat was wrapped around me as I sit down and mason sits next to me sighing...

"Where have you been?" He said looking at me sadly as I can tell I've worried him but I didn't know what to say.

"It's alright sky..." mason soothes into my ear as I feel the wetness on my cheeks from the rain and my silent tears "it's okay sis.... shhh."

Not used to this caring side of my brother, I keep still only allowing him to pull me towards him, my head slipping down to lay on his lap and his arm was around me comfortably, as I stare down towards the floor feeling completely motionless..

My mind starts to go blank as I lay here, not even registering anything. Not when the bus pulls to a stop and I hear the hushed voices as everyone else climbs on as well, all the faces that I would prefer not to see right now and the whole ride is silent, or maybe my mind is blocking out voices around me...

I don't even realise the bus has stopped again until Kyle whispers to me, and gently helping me up from mason as if I'm injured or Sick and then guiding me from the bus... but as soon as I've stepped out of the bus I shake off his hand, hating the fact they are not being themselves and acting as if I'm mentally ill or injured more than my hand and I run for the front door.

I run in the front door, running up the steps and in the house , straight up the stairs and to my room not stopping for anything and that's where I just go and let everything out as the choking and aching feeling comes back and I collapse on my bed in my damp dress, tangle myself up in the sheets as my body is shaking after each sob... my chest hurting and my mind was aching.

I soon come into the blackness as my body becomes drained of energy..

~~~~

I wake up the next morning to the sound of a door being slammed, causing me to jolt awake from my sleep, squinting my eyes groggily.

Gosh can't people learn to close doors quietly in this house it echoes?!

Groaning, I tug at my covers more, wanting to get more sleep as I feel the start of a headache coming on, pulsating in the back of my mind.

But as I close my eyes again the image of last night comes to mind. The image of Xavier and Peyton was flashing up in my mind as it replays everything that went on...