1st Prenatal Check-up

I want to thank KamalalovezDoug  for her help with writing this it means a lot💕

~At Kamala's Doctor's office~

Kamala and Doug are in the exam room, and Kamala has changed into a gown, "Dougie, you got any mints with you, my tummy doesn't feel good, I have a yucky taste in my mouth"

Doug- "I do, I put some in your purse from your desk before we left, just in case, do you feel like your going to be sick"

Kamala- "I'm not sure, I know my tummy doesn't feel good at the moment, but there is nothing left in my tummy"

Doug gives Kamala a mint.

"Thanks Dougie, I hope it helps" Doug is rubbing her back very gently

A few minutes later... Dr Grey comes into the exam room

Dr. Grey- "Hi, I know you did a home test, I want to confirm it, so I need you to pee in the cup, and then you will have blood work done, and then I exam you, and you need to start taking pre-natal vitamins, and you will have to not drink as much caffeine, you can have 1-2 cups of coffee, iced tea a day"

Kamala- "can you give me something to make my tummy feel better, I got sick at work, that's actually how I found out, Maya was in my office when I got sick"

Dr. Grey- "do you feel like your going to be sick now"

Kamala- "not sure, I don't feel well, while we were waiting for you to come in, Doug gave me a mint, which seems to be helping, you said I had to pee in a cup, which is good, because I have to pee again anyways so this is good timing"

Dr. Grey- "yes, here's the cup, you know where to go"

Kamala- "yes, I will be right back"

Kamala comes back a few minutes later, with the cup, she puts it on the counter and lays down on the exam table so Dr. Grey can do her exam, and she has her blood work done.

Dr. Grey- "this gel is cold I have to put some on your belly to hear the heartbeat, I'm going to lift your gown up and put this sheet over you and she starts the ultrasound. Kamala's holding Doug's hand and with the other one he was comforting her back. After a few seconds they could hear it...the heartbeat. It was still very quiet but it was there. Kamala looked at Doug and they both had tears of joy streaming down their faces.

Kamala- "that is cold"

Dr. Grey- "There is your baby" the doctor pointed to the screen and showed them a little spot. It is small but it's there, your baby is the size of a sweet pea, and its a fifth to a quarter of an inch long and growing your baby is really healthy you have nothing to worry about The heart beat is 105 beats per minute, which is normal" Then she wipes the gel off Kamala's belly, and prints out the pictures of Kamala's ultrasound. "When was the date of your last cycle?"