Going Home

~ 7:00 am~ April 9th

Dr. Grey comes in to check on Kamala, and Kamryn

Dr. Grey- "Kamala, how are we feeling this morning?"

Kamala- "I'm sore, tender, my back hurts, everything hurts to be honest, but what hurts the most is when I have to go pee and go potty, which I did in the middle of the night, it hurt so much to push it out, but I did, and I felt better after I went, and I took a shower too, it hurts to move, but it's worth it, and the ice pack that Lexie gave me is the best"

Dr. Grey- "yes that does hurt, you just had a baby. I see that Lexie gave you some Advil at 12:30 this morning, do you need anymore?"

Kamala- "yes she did, I woke up because I had to pee, and I was cramping so much, and I was hurting, then Kamryn wanted to nurse, I'm cramping now, and yes can I have some and what time is breakfast, I'm hungry, I can get up, and walk around, which I did, yes it was only in here, I'm hurting, but it's manageable" 

Dr. Grey- "after I exam you and Dr Robbins, comes into check on Kamryn  you get to go home, since you already gone potty and went pee, and you can walk around with your pain being managed, and Kamryn went potty as well, I need you to take off your pj shorts so I can exam you and clear you to go home, as soon as I exam you, I will have Christina come in here to get your breakfast order"

Kamala- "I have to go potty 1st though, Dougie come with me, I need you"

Doug helps Kamala get out of bed and he goes with her.

Dr. Grey- "okay, I will watch Kamryn"

Doug- "okay, I'm coming"

10 minutes later   7:10 am

Kamala and Doug come out of the bathroom "that hurt so much, but at least I went, and I promised Dougie that I wouldn't hold it, even though of pushing freaking hurts right now, I'm going go when I feel I have to"

Dr. Grey- "yes at least you went, that's what you had to do before I can clear you to go home, and Doug is right don't hold it, because it will hurt even more"

Kamala- "I can't wait, this bed isn't comfortable"

Kamala takes off her pj shorts, underwear so Dr. Grey can exam her

Dr. Grey- "Kamala, I need you to relax so I can exam you Dr. Grey puts on some gloves "everything looks good, its going to take time to heal, and you will be bleeding for up to 6 weeks, and keep taking your prenatal vitamins for as long as you are nursing, softener for as long as you need.  Remember to drink at least 8-16 glasses of water, a day, prune juice, prunes, high fiber foods will help you with going potty, and that counts for your water as well. As soon as Dr. Robbins comes in and checks Kamryn you get to go home, I want to see you in the office in 6 weeks for your checkup"

Kamala- "okay, I also had some prunes over night, which seemed to help, how often do I take the softener?"

Dr. Grey- "in the morning, along with your pre-natal vitamins I want you to take 2 tablets a day so 1 in the morning of the softener in the morning with your vitamins and then one tablet before you go to bed at night"

Kamala- "okay, thanks"

Christina comes into Kamala's room with her vitamins, and her softener and some water what would you like for breakfast?"

Kamala- "strawberry and cream oatmeal please with almond milk and fruit, and some prunes if you have the little bags like I got last night, they do help with me going potty,"

Christina- "okay" I will call the kitchen and have them bring it for you, Doug, what would you like for breakfast?"

Doug- "Pancakes with syrup and fruit  I want coffee with 3 creams and 2 sugar"

Christina- "okay"

15 minutes later... 7:45 am

Courtney brings Kamala her oatmeal with her milk, fruit, and prunes "here's your breakfast Kamala, and Doug here's your breakfast and coffee"

Kamala- "thanks"

Doug- "thanks"

Kamryn decides that she's hungry as well and lets her mommy and daddy know how good her lungs are.

Doug- "looks like Kamryn wants her breakfast as well, I will get her from her bassinet"

Kamala- "I think your right Dougie, let me have her and my pillow" 

Doug- "Good Morning Princess, I know you want your breakfast as well, Mommy's going to feed you then I will burp you and change your diaper"

Doug gives Kamryn to Kamala along with her pillow.

Kamala unsnaps the strap on her pj's and Kamryn latches right on and starts nursing.

25 minutes later... Kamryn is done nursing, and Doug is burping her, and then changing her diaper.

Doug- "okay, how was your oatmeal"

Kamala- "it was good, can you help me up, I have to go potty, I'm going to try and see if I can go, I'm cramping so much right now"

Doug- "ok, you want me to come with you"

Kamala- "no, just help me up out of bed, if I need you I will ask you to come"

Doug helps Kamala out of bed and she goes potty.

Kamala comes back a few minutes later in tears

Doug- "feel better"

Kamala- "yes and no, I'm still cramping, but I went pee, because I felt like I had to, I tried for a few minutes, but I couldn't go, I need help changing my pad though, I can't bend to put a new 1 on"

Doug gets up from the couch where he was eating breakfast and gets one out of Kamala's bag, and puts it on her bed. "Take off your shorts, and I will help you"

Kamala takes off her shorts, and her underwear, and Doug helps her, then she puts her underwear and shorts back on.

Doug- "let me dry your tears, I wish I could make you not hurt when you have to go potty, do you want to try again, I will come with you"

Kamala- "not yet, I want to have a few prunes first, and some water"

Doug- "what is Kamryn going to wear home and what are you going to wear"

Kamala- "Kamryn is going to wear her I'm proof that Miracles happen onesie and the matching pants, with her grey socks and her chucks and her Minnie mittens"

Kamryn's outfit