Lunch with Auntie part 5

I would like to thank KamalalovezDoug 4 her help with writing this

Maya- "you're welcome, I knew when you said that Kamryn was going to get her baby shots, that she might get a fever, Meena did when she was their age, and so did Leela, and Amara"

Shamalya comes in a few minutes later.

Kamala- "Hi Mommy"

Shamalya- "Hi, how was Kamryn's checkup,  and I'm guessing she has a fever I see the infants Tylenol bottle and the thermometer out"

Kamala- "yes she does, have a fever of 100.1 and Maya told me how to give her some Tylenol and how to take her temperature, and I know you want to hold her"

Shamalya- "I do, but I see she's having her snack, or this her lunch"

Kamala- "her snack, her checkup went really well, she weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces, and she's 21 inches long, she gained 8 ounces and 1 inch, she's healthy"

Shamalya- "that's good, yes when she's done with her snack, I do want to hold her, I know you cried when she got her shot didn't you"

Kamala- "I tried so hard to be brave for Kamryn, but yes I did, and so did Dougie"

Doug- "Kamala's right, I did, but I was there to comfort both of my girls"

Doug- "Here Honey, is the milk you wanted"

Kamala- "thanks, can I have the burp cloth"

Doug- "sure, let me get you a clean one, this one needs to get washed, Kamryn spit up on it"

Kamala- "thanks Dougie, can you please go and put a load of clothes in, get the clothes from Kamryn's room, and our room as well"

Doug- "of course, love you" he gives Kamala a kiss

Kamala- "I love you too" she gives Doug a kiss

Shamalya- "here's a clean burp cloth, what would you like for dinner, I will make it, you had a hard morning, I see Maya made your favorite cake"

Kamala- "thank you, and she did, I want stuffed shells with garlic bread"

Shamalya- "okay, I will go and start them"

Kamala- "thank you Mommy"

Shamalya- "you're welcome"

Kamala looks and Kamryn has unlatched, she snaps her tank top, and she picks her up and she puts the burp cloth on her shoulder and she rubs Kamryn's back and a few minutes later she burps and she spits up a little bit, Kamala wipes her mouth, "Kamryn, I know your not feeling well right now, Momala's going to hold you"

Doug comes back a few minutes later..."laundry is started, I will fold this load that was in the dryer"

Maya- "I will help you since Kamala's holding Kamryn"

Kamala- "thanks Maya, I would help but I have a sleepy little girl who is not feeling well"

Maya- "you're welcome, this morning while I was working, and making the cake, I put this load in the washer"

Kamala is holding Kamryn, when she smells cupcakes "Kamryn, you need to get changed, and since it's a little warmer out now, we don't have to put your pants back on after we get your diaper changed"

Kamala- "Dougie, can you please get me a diaper and the wipes, Kamryn needs to be changed"

Doug- "of course, let me get up"

Doug gets up from the couch, and gets Kamala a diaper and the wipes

Kamala- "thanks"

Kamryn starts crying

Kamala- "Kamryn, I know your not feeling well, but we gotta change your diaper, then Momala will hold you and try to comfort you"

Kamala lays Kamryn on the couch on the portable changing pad, and she takes off her pants and unsnaps her onesie, and changes her diaper, she cleans her up with the wipes, and then she puts on her clean diaper and snaps up her onesie, she washes her hands with the baby wipes, and she puts the dirty diaper in the diaper genie.

Doug- "Honey, I know your tired, Kamryn's tired, do you want me to hold her while you take a nap"

Kamala sniffles and trying not to let Doug see her tears, but Doug sees them and he dries them, "don't cry Babe, you're tired and Kamryn's tired, both of you need naps"

Kamala sniffles "hold me, while I hold Kamryn, and can I have her blanket, I don't have her pants on at the moment, her leg is really red, I know it hurting her."

Doug gives Kamala Kamryn's blanket and she's holding her, and Kamryn puts her thumb in her mouth and lays on Kamala's shoulder, while Doug holds her on the couch.

Meena comes in a few minutes later...

Meena- "Auntie, here's your nursing pads, that you wanted"

Doug- "Meena, shhh, look she's asleep, and so is Kamryn"

Meena puts the bag from Target on the table, and she goes to sit in Kamala's recliner. "Doug, how did Kamryn's checkup go"