Chapter 39 Extreme Attempts

Elsa's POV

"Size 10 please." Jack said to the boy over the counter and gave him a pair of shoes.

"What size miss?" The guy asked me.

"Oh. Umm. I don't know." I flushed. Gosh how many times must I blush today?

"What?" Jack asked me.

I whispered, "I don't know. My shoes are made for me, my parents have this friend who makes all of our shoes."

"You don't shop for shoes?"

"Nope. But we go to the mall and find a shoe design that we like and ask them to make it for us. It's actually cheaper that way."

"Take your shoe off."

"What?" He's can be blunt at times.

"Take your shoe off."

I didn't bother asking why, I just took it off and handed it to him.

"Here." He gave it to counter guy. "Find that size, or close to it."

Jack sat down on the bench near the counter as I stand and wait for my shoe. By the time he finished counter boy found a pair for me.

"Sit." Jack ordered me as he took the pair of shoes from the counter. I did as I am told and he knelt down in front of me. He took my one leg and placed my foot on his lap as he pulls the laces loose and takes off my shoe. Then he puts the bowling shoe to my foot and then the other. Tying it both with a ribbon knot. "You're good to go."

He handed out his hand and I took it as he helped me get up.

"Are you ready to be crushed Els?" He put his hands on his hips.

"By the looks of it I'm already crushed." I'm smiling, maybe that's why he looks so confused.

"Have you ever bowled before?" He cocked his head to one side.

"No. But I've always wanted too. My friends just weren't the bowling type and it's not a good activity to do alone. Which is why I'm so excited to learn!" I literally jumped a bit at the same time clasp my hands together.

"Do you want to get a separate lane? Just so you can practice more and won't have to wait for your turn to bowl." He asked.

"No. No, I'm fine. I want to have fun with everyone." I said with a huge grin on my face. I'm just to excited for all of this. I wonder if I'm going to trip, or fall face first, or get dragged by the heavy ball. Oh my, will the ball be very heavy for me? I've seen it in movies.

I turn to my left and saw a girl younger and skinnier than me picking up a ball, swing her hand back and release. Maybe it's not that heavy. Then again maybe she's all muscle than I can see.

TIME SKIP

"A perfect hit! Jenna you're so good at this!" I gave her a clap.

"Oh that was nothing. We bowl at least every Friday after school." She said then took her seat.

"Elsa it's your turn." Dan said.

"Okay." I have to admit I am kind of a bit nervous. I chose a blue ball with white wriggled design. I took a deep breathe before I pulled it out but then I realized it was too heavy but luckily I held the grip and it didn't fall to the floor.

"You need any help?" Jack held his hand out.

"No no. I got it. Thanks." I brought my ball to the lane and Jack stood beside me.

"Alright. Take a few steps back, that's where you'll build your force. And hold the ball to your chest." And I did as he says. "Take a few steps forward and slide your right foot to the back of your left foot before swinging your hand forward for release."