Chapter 35 A Girl, and A Clue

New book cover! It's finally here! Hope you like it as much as I do. I won't be able to update in a while. Got school. See you soon! Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Jack’s POV

“Are you sure we’re at the right house?” Dan asked.

We were hiding behind a bush trying not to look suspicious. Five boys behind a Santan Bush, yeah nothing suspicious here!

“Where is that photo Kristoff sent you?” Logan asked.

“Here.” I showed them the picture of a white house with a golden roof designed to look like an Arabian castle. We all looked at the house.

“There’s no doubt about it.” Harry said.

“Photo of the girl?” Logan asked.

I showed them the photo of a girl with long black locks and a dark tan skin with eyes like an Arabian.

“What did he say her name was?” Zayn asked.

“Jasmine.” I answered.

“And she’s supposed to give us what?” Harry asked.

“Some proof of Francis being an extremely douche bag.” Zayn answered.

We moved to hide behind the hedge of their house and the side and peeked through. Then someone came out of the house.

“Bye auntie! I’ll be back after lunch!” A girl with black hair came out and headed for the gates.

“That’s her! Go! Go! Talk to her!” The guys pushed me towards the side walk and there’s no turning back because Jasmine already noticed me.

“Good morning!” She had a very sweet voice, but Elsa’s is lovely.

“Uh, good morning. I’m Jack. Jack Frost.” I held out my hand and she hesitated to shake it.

“Jasmine.” She crossed her arms.

“How am I supposed to say this, uh. Oh, I know.” I struggled to find the words.

“I’m a bit of in a hurry. I’m supposed to meet with someone.”

“It’ll only take a minute.” I pulled out my phone and showed her a picture. “Do you recognize this dog?”

She was careful not to come too close, the whole don’t-talk-to-strangers thing, I understand. It took her a few seconds to examine before she gasped.

“Bubbles! Why do you have his photo? Wait, you know Francis?” Her eyebrows met at me.

“Yes. No. It’s complicated. You’re in a hurry right? Let me just summarize it all for you.”

“Why don’t we take a seat first, I’ll tell my friend I’d be late.” We went to a bench on the other side of the street. “Alright, go.”

“Okay, to start of, my name is Jack I’m part of a band who performed a few weeks ago at the city hall grounds.”

“Oh that was you? I didn’t go to that, I had other plans.” She gave me a ‘sorry’ look.

“It’s okay. The rest of the band members are right there behind your hedge. Come out guys!” I called up to them and they waved over. “Dan, Harry, Logan, and Zayn.” I introduced them to her.

“Hi, I’m Jasmine.”

“On with the story, we met this girl during the concert. Her name is Elsa Arendale.”

“From Arendelle Corporations!” Jasmine cut me off.

“What?” Zayn asked.

“Their family owns Arendelle Corporations. You didn’t know that?”

We looked at her without a sound.

“Well that’s fine. And this Elsa girl, how is she connected to Francis? Don’t tell me she’s his new girlfriend.”

“Well, she is. And she said Francis gave her Bubbles and said the dog was their child. You know, like they’re a family already.” I went on. “One night as we went to Bumper Cars Francis suddenly disappeared. I found him in a dark alley and heard their conversation where they’re just betting on Elsa. And with every month their relationship is on, the pay up to Francis. Which is why I told the guys about him and we’re digging for Francis’ true identity.”

“But our simple plan is,” Zayn butted in. “To make Elsa fall for our sweet Jack here and hoping that she’ll dump Francis for him. But we have a contingency plan. That is to find out everything wrong about Francis.”

“Elsa doesn’t know all this.” I spoke again. “We want to be sure of our facts and have proof before telling her.”

“And like the world is on our favor,” Zayn butted in again. “Elsa’s sister, Anna, has a loving, loyal boyfriend named Kristoff who led us to you.”

“And now we’re here because Kristoff didn’t tell us why you are a part of this Francis digging fest.” I finally ended the summary.

“Oh.” She smiled. “Kristoff really is one of the good ones.”

“So you know him.” I said in confirmation.

“My name is Jasmine Sarabah. Our family owns many oil mines in the world. It began from I can’t remember how many generations ago. So yeah, my family is already very rich. One of the richest in the entire world. This street is named Agrabah street because we bought it. We live here in Dreamworks to have a peaceful life, my mom died when I was a child and my father whom I’ve never seen for such a long time. I get why he doesn’t come home, he wants me to have a normal life and I am living one.

Including the part where I get my heart broken by a stupid jerk. Francis and I bought Bubbles together and I have loved that dog ever since. When I found out that Francis only dated me because I’m rich I dumped him. Kristoff was the person who told me. He seems to be the ‘good one’ in the group. Francis got really mad at me. When Bubbles and I were playing outside for a while, I didn’t know Francis was watching us. I went in side to get something, when I came back Bubbles was gone. Francis took her to get back at me. And now I can see he gave Bubbles to your friend Elsa and he still has that same plan in his head. It’s very obvious he’s only dating her for the money.” Jasmine finished.

“So his targets are the rich and beautiful huh?” Dan spoke up.

“Hey Jasmine!” We turned around to see a guy with short black hair.

“Aladdin! What are you doing here?” Jasmine waved over to the guy.

“I got worried you were taking so long so I came here instead.” Aladdin said.

“Sorry, I got busy.” She held his hand and stood up. “Well it was nice to meet you all and I hope I have been of help. I should really go now.”

The guys went ahead to get a taxi but Jasmine called me up one last time.

“Jack, I believe, well I can see it in your eyes that you really like this Elsa girl. I can see how your eyes shine when you speak her name or even just hearing it now. Plus, no random guy would go through all this trouble just for a girl he met a few weeks ago.” She put a hand on my shoulder. “Go get her. Good luck!” She winked at me encouragingly before walking with Aladdin.

It was clear they’re in love. The way Jasmine wraps her arm around Aladdin’s and how he looks at her. I wonder if I look that way when I look at Elsa. At least Jasmine has her heart mended by Aladdin. Now I must prepare myself when Elsa breaks her heart and I need to do the right things to mend it.

“Hey lover boy! Let’s go!” Dan called up with his head popping out the taxi window.

I walked over to them and got in the car.

“What’s that in your hand?” Logan pointed to a paper with Jasmine’s number in my palm.

“She said she’d be willing to testify when we’re ready to tell Elsa about Francis.” I said.

Thank You Jasmine.