Chapter 12 The Party Van

Elsa's POV

I brought Bubbles up to my room and she just slept the entire afternoon. Poor baby. I sat on the floor beside her. She laid on her heart pillow that was given to me by my grandfather years ago.

I knew to tell Francis of the news so I called him.

"Babe! Bubbles is home!" I said with a huge smile on my face as I watched Bubbles asleep.

"Where was she?"

"Not far from home, but far enough fo her little legs."

"I told you she'd be found."

"Yeah. How do you do that?"

"Secret."

"Okay. So Are you headed home?"

"Yeah. We're on our way home. We just left."

"Did you win?"

"No. We only reached the semi-finals."

"Why didn't you win?"

"Lack of understanding. It's okay."

"Alright. Call me later?"

"Sure. I love you."

"I love you more."

Then I ended the call. I let out a huge sigh then got up and went online again. I decided to check my e-mail, maybe there's new notifications or newsletters. Then I saw a message from Jack.

"Hi Elsa! How's it going? Have you found your puppy yet? What was her name? Bubbles?"

Nice of him to be concerned.

"She's fine Jack. We found her a few blocks from our house. Luckily. Thanks for the concern."

I looked back at Bubbles on the floor then I heard my laptop beep. It received a new notification. It was from Jack again. He must be online. I checked his status and it just turned green. He must have been invisible when I read his first message.

Jack: That's great!

Elsa: Yeah. You're online?

Jack: Yeah. It's noon already and the guys are playing around hoping to make a song out of things.

Elsa: Oh. Sounds interesting.

Jack: Yeah we're trying.

I didn't reply for a while. What should we talk about?

Elsa: Jack, can I tell you something?

Jack: Anything Elsa.

Elsa: Between you and me Jack, I thought to myself last night as I was crying my eyes out that maybe it was sign.

Jack: What kind of sign?

Elsa: That Francis and I should break up.

Jack: Oh.

Elsa: It makes me think that the only reason we're holding on is because of Bubbles. We treat her as our own baby and we can't break up for the sake of the child. I sound really serious. Hahaha! That's funny. I'm just over thinking the situation. Anyway she's home now. Everything's back to normal.