Chapter 43 Wrong Sense

ELSA'S POV

I'm on my way to the gymnasium where the dance practice would be held. Then I was greeted by a wonderful person.

"Hi babe!" He opened the car door and helped me out like a proper gentleman.

"Hey." I hugged him. "Thanks for doing this." I had a huge smile plastered on my face.

"No problem. I already knew you'd give me a lecture if I refuse to do this," Francis said.

"Good choice."

He held me by the waist as we walked through the big doors.

"Elsa! You're here!" Jenna walked up to me. "Anna called me and said you might need a bit more support so I came here. I'll be here every practice. It's not like there's anything else good to do. Plus it's a bonus 'cause I'd be able to spend more time with Logan."

I looked behind her and there he was, the amazing Logan.

"Thanks Jen. Have you seen Tris?"

"I think she's over there," she pointed towards the stage.

I now see that her partner is a brown haired guy from our school. I always forget his name, or I've never learned it. I just memorize faces.

Practice was a drag, like every other event when they say 8am people would come at 9am. I'm always punctual. I have this thing with time, I dislike being late. While waiting for practice to start I get to talk with the other contestants. Most of them were like me, given no choice to turn down the offer. Like every other contestant, one must be humble so I never heard a single one bragging about her chances of winning and non of them mentioned they wanted to win.

Francis was a bit quiet, just watching his surroundings and the people. After practice he took me to Toni's for french fries along with Jenna and Logan. Tris had to head straight home because of her strict parents. When I got home I headed straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower. And Francis would head straight to the dormitory he's staying in for the week.

It was like that for the rest of the week. Sometimes we go to Toni's, sometimes we head straight home. The dance was simple enough, nothing too complicated and nothing too intimate. We just stand closely to each other. The dance instructor would keep on reminding us that we need to keep eye contact with our partner most of the dance. And my feet are starting to hurt from dancing in heels.

But what I do notice during practice is that Logan seems to have his phone in his hand. Could he be, he can't right? Poor Jenna, Logan seems like a really good guy who wouldn't do such a thing.

JACK'S POV

"Logan! Do you have it? C'mon! Let's start." I came rushing in the living room Monday evening when Logan arrived.

"Let's do it in the morning, it's late." Logan dragged his feet to our room.

"Fine. First thing in the morning."

"Yeah." He wailed his hand with his back at me.

TIME SKIP

"Logan get up! We need to start." I pulled his pillow from under his head and he growled.