Chapter 44 The Replacement

JACK'S POV

"I hope we get it right this time," Logan said. We are once again in the living room with everyone else.

"Alright man." We were about to begin when the door bell rang.

"Deliver for Mr. Frost!" The guard at the gate called.

"Finally! It's here," I walked towards the front door. A maid handed me the box and I quickly opened it.

"Cool," Dan said before taking a bite of his cookie.

"Elsa's gonna love you for this man," Harry hit my arm lightly.

"Show's over, let's start again Logan." I closed the box and placed it at the side.

ELSA'S POV

"Anna! Help me practice the dance!"

"I can't! I have to go somewhere! Bye!"

Where is she even going? I thought she was going to be by my side with this competition. What could possibly be more important than helping her own sister? Yesterday she said she has a date with Kristoff but a moment later Kristoff came to the door and was surprised when I told him Anna already left.

"She did? Where?"

"Umm...your date?" Did he just forget their date?

"Oh right! Yeah! I completely spaced."

"Better make up for it or you'll get the lecture." He laughs nervously.

"Alright. Thanks Elsa."

I texted Jenna to help me but she said she's on a date too. Why are they on dates these days? While I'm here worried and trying to focus so I won't mess up tomorrow night. I tried Francis but he said his mom gave him a task and he'll see me tonight at the practice.

I sighed loudly with no one hearing me except for Bubbles.

"Hey baby, wanna help me dance?" She just looked at me for a moment and sat flat on the floor with her back legs spread. "Okay."

TIME SKIP

Coronation night came, and I contacted Francis but he wasn't replying to any of my texts. Where could he be? Anna volunteered to be in charge of contacting Francis. The competition starts in an hour and a half. I feel the urge to run around the room but I'm stuck sitting on the chair as my make-up is about to be done.

When we got backstage  I was shaking like I'm on a massage chair in a standing position.

"15 minutes ladies!" The host called up in the back room.

I walked pass the crowd of busy ladies.

"Tris, have you seen Francis?" I asked her. She looked very beautiful with her white dress and a white screen cloth dragging at the back.

"No. He's not yet here?"

"He won't return my texts."

"Relax Els, he'll be here," she held on to my shoulders to try to calm me down. "You look really beautiful Els."

"Thanks, you too."

"Hey girls!" A familiar voice called up behind me.

"Keira, Nelly, Sasha!" Tris and I raced in our gowns and went in for a group hug.

"You guys look so pretty," Keira said.

"I love your gowns! Can I borrow them after the competition?" Sasha joked and we all laughed.

"Photo time!" Nelly called up.

We asked Jenna to take a photo of us. Then the four of us gave out our wackiest poses for the picture. After that we pulled in Jenna and mom was holding the camera. Then Anna took a picture with me.

"Is Francis here yet?" My mind was racing.

"No word yet sis," she frowned at me.

"He's on his way," Jenna said while looking at his phone.

"Really? Oh thank goodness," I sighed in relief.

"What?" she looked up at us confused. "I was talking about Logan."

"No." I was starting to feel light-headed. "Sis, I need to sit down for a bit."

"What? Elsa, breathe." Anna pulled out a chair for me.

My head was beginning to spin, my thoughts are scattered everywhere. Francis, Francis! Where are you?

"Something must have happened to him Anna." I took out my phone and called his number. "I can't go through, I can't contact him Anna."

"I'm sure he's on his way Els. Just breathe. I'll be right back."

Maybe something came up. If there was then he'd tell me about it. If this is an act of surprise from him, then he's gonna get a piece of my mind for giving me this much of a heart attack.

"Alright ladies, we're starting in 3 minutes," the host called to us backstage. "Good luck!" She left with her heels clacking on the hard floor.

Three short minutes! FRANCIS! I feel like screaming right now, but I'm just holding it in to avoid getting eyes on me. Anna came back with a serious face.

"When the music plays you're going down there. Francis isn't here, forget about him. We found someone else to take his place. He knows the dance all too well." Anna helped me get on my feet and the music has already started.

"Who's the replacement?"

She didn't answer me, she just led me to the entrance to the stage and down the stairs awaits the gentlemen. Who else could have known the dance? Logan perhaps? Maybe that's why Jenna was excited when he was on his way.

"Candidate number 3! Miss Elsa Arendale!" That's my cue.

As I walked on the stage the crowd that I can barely see but I knew they were below and above the stage cheered on and I knew it was for me. Bright lights were on my face and I can't see anyone else, nor can I see the gentleman waiting for me and the end of the stairs because the second spotlight would only hit him when I begin to descend the stairs.

I put on a bright smile, the best that I could with the disappointment of Francis' absence. I was terrified of messing up as I am too worried. Worried of Francis, worried that Logan would miss a step or maybe I would miss a step, worried that i would make a fool out of myself.

I when I placed my foot on the first step on the stairs, the second spotlight was on cue. And it revealed . . . Jack!

_____________________________________________________

Are you feeling it? ARE YOU FEELING ITTTT?!!! THE JELSA FEELS ARE ON THEIR WAY! And I know you feel murderous right now because of the effing cliffhanger!!!! HAAHAHAHA!! *evil laughs some more*

Laters my blizzard! :*