Chapter 42 Miss Arendale

JACK'S POV

Yesterday, after breakfast I texted Anna.

Me: How is she? Can I come over?

Anna: She seems better, keeps telling mom and dad she cried over Tinkerbell.

Anna: You can't come over. Let her recover before Francis suspects anything.

Me: Okay. Thanks.

Jeez, I guess I'm leaving without seeing her.

"You ready?" Dan patted me at the back.

"Yeah. Let's go."

"Kristoff's meeting us at the port." Zayn walked pass us.

ELSA'S POV

"C'mon Elsa! We're gonna be late for the town meeting!" Anna called from downstairs.

"Just a minute!" I'm finishing up my french braid.

"There. All done." I quickly went downstairs and head straight to the car. Mom's driving us.

"Ooohh...I'm so excited. I wonder who they're going to pick. I hope it's me. Or you!" Anna pointed at me. "What do you think mom?"

"I think my girls would be perfect." Mom said and I just smiled at Anna. "We're here."

Anna immediately opened the car door, "Bye mom!" and she literally pulled me out of the car and towards the gymnasium. "They're about to pick the name! We got here just in time."

We took a seat at the last line since it'd be distracting if we walk pass in front of the many people. I wonder how long it took them to paint their faces and curl their hair this morning. I think it's ridiculous to prepare so much wherein you only have around a 1% chance of being chosen. Anna gets excited with these things but she knows better than to prepare so much so she doesn't. And besides, she's naturally beautiful.

Every year there's this pageant held in the town where young, single girls in the age of 16 to 23 ftom some lucky families will compete to win the crown, title of becoming Miss Dreamworks Town, and the chance to bring honor to the family name. This is one of the highlights of celebrating the feast of the town.

I on the other hand, every year am confident of not getting chosen because I never file my name in. I just accompany Anna whenever she's here, and when she's not I don't come at all. Wearing expensive dresses and exposing swimsuits were never my thing and never will be.

I looked at the host on the stage talking about the benefits and qualifications of the future candidates. I couldn't care any lesser. So I roam my eyes around the people seated in front and a pink chicken caught my attention. Scratch that, it's not a chicken. It's a plastic pink feathered hair accessory. I couldn't help but laugh at how obvious she's trying to be noticed. Newsflash, it's a fish bowl type of choosing. But I heard from other people that some aren't in random, they're chosen because of their skills, achievements, and beauty.

"Elsa Arendale!" I was smiling and suppressing a laugh when I noticed a lot of eyes were on me and that's when I realized. Oh no. How could this happen? A guy held out his hand and I just took it without question. I turned to Anna and she winked at me as she pushed me to get up on my feet. My own sister filed my name to the bowl!