Chapter 33 Feelings

Third person POV

“Kristoff seems nice.” Jack started the conversation.

“Hmm. We just met this morning.” Elsa said. “I never knew my sister had a boyfriend. You heard the story of how they met, it’s an uncanny way of starting a relationship.”

“It is. Even I wouldn’t do things that way. But love knows no bounds.”

“Yeah. And if my sister trusts this guy, I should trust him too.” Elsa stood confident.

“Still, you have to keep your sister safe from harm. I would know that.” Jack smiled lightly to her.

“So how was your morning?” Elsa asked Jack. They began their stroll around the hallways of the mansion.

“Rushed,” Jack replied. “I was enjoying my meal until my phone beeped. You could have at least gave a five minute allowance before coming here.”

Elsa laughed. “Why? Would it have made a difference?”

“A huge one.”

“But you looked cute with your morning hair.”

Jack had an open-mouthed smile as he looked at her.

“Well I bet you look better than me with your morning hair.”

“Oh no,” Elsa put her hands up to her chest level, “I look terrible with my morning hair. Very unattractive.”

“Must you?”

“Must I what?” She turned her head to his direction but he didn’t look back.

“Must you attract me?” He said looking straight ahead. She said nothing trying to re-arrange the words in her head. Then Jack turned to her, “Because you said you look very unattractive with your morning hair so I asked if it’s necessary for me to be attracted.”

Jack smiled at her and messed with Elsa’s hair like how a brother would to his sister. “Don’t get yourself too worked up with what I just said.”

“Hey!” Elsa pushed away his hands from her head.

“Elsa I-” Jack stopped on his tracks. Elsa was a few steps ahead and turned around to meet his eyes.

“What?” Those deep blue eyes.

“I uh-”

“What is it Frost?” She came closer.

“Uh-” He slowly took her hand and held it in both of his and looked deep in to her eyes. She felt warmth on her cheeks and her heart was pounding from his unfamiliar touch.

“Will you sing? This time? Just this once. Please?” Jack gave her his cutest pleading face that he could make.

She wondered what gave him the idea of singing, when she turned her head to the side she realized they were outside the piano room. And she wondered how their little random stroll brought them there.

“Uh-” She didn’t want to sing, but it felt right. She used to sing during mornings in that same room.

“For me?” He pleaded one last time.

Elsa gave out a defeated sigh and nodded.

Jack brought her hand to his lips before putting it down gently and walked towards the piano.

She stood there fazed at his sweet and gentleman-like gesture. Francis was never like that to her. Taking control of her own body again, Elsa walked in to the piano room and settled by the window and watching the birds outside. Jack had already seated in his chair.