A Dog in the Castle

Sirius decides to have a little bit of fun as a dog.
Word Count: 911
°

Sirius had gotten bored and decided to cause some sort of chaos like usual, this time he decided he'd be Padfoot for the day. 

Remus woke up with a fur ball laying on him, he smiled and ran his hand through his fur. "Pads" he murmured

Padfoot stirred and looked up at his boyfriend. 

"We have to get up" Remus glanced at the time "We slept in a bit"

Padfoot jumped off the bed and laid on the floor, while Remus was rushing around to get ready. 

"Aren't you going to turn back?, You know it'll be weird having a dog around and everyone will know your missing" Remus said

Padfoot gave a shake of his head, meaning no. 

Remus shrugged "Suit yourself, are you gonna follow me around?"

Padfoot nodded. 

"Let's go then" Remus left, Padfoot following right behind to his first class charms. He sat down with the dog at his feet. 

"Hey Re where's Sirius?" James asked, immediately noticing his absence 

Remus pointed down so James noticed the black dog. 

"Is he fucking crazy?" James decided to sit beside Remus for the day, just so he could sit next to his dog best friend. 

"I guess so" Remus chuckled "He's getting out of work for the day though"

"It's something he'd want so" James said "Are we taking notes for him?"

"Nah we'll write our own and he can copy" Remus replied

The two seemed to forget that Padfoot was still there, listening along and pouting. 

Remus gave him a pat on the head. 

Padfoot moved to sit between them, he started getting whiny after a while. While the two focused on their work he felt like he was being ignored. He made a little whine, and Remus started petting him to get him to shut it. 

Of course when they were walking to their next class, Severus didn't fail to notice Padfoot. 

"What kind of mutt is that?" Severus chuckled "Looks terrible"

James was about to go off on him, but stopped reminding himself that it wasn't worth it at the moment, especially when Sirius was currently a dog. "Get lost, Severus"

Severus surprisingly decided not to say much either and just walked off. 

Remus and James turned back to notice Padfoot gone. "You think he went to the next class?" Remus asked

James shrugged "I don't really think so, not that'd it matter as he seemed bored in the last one, but if he isn't then he's either loose in the castle or possibly in the dorms"

Remus sighed "We really don't have much time, let's just run for it see if we can find him"

James and Remus first checked their next class, potions, then decided on heading back to the dorms as they didn't carry the map around. With a question from the fat lady the two said. The password and walked in, immediately up to the dorm, where they grabbed the map. 

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" James said, watching the map come to life. He opened it and searched for Sirius, only to find he was actually in potions at the moment, and must have showed up later. James rolled his eyes "He's in potions, must have explored then showed up later"

Remus grabbed the map "Mischief Managed" he then sat it back down "What now?, Show up late?" 

James shrugged "Let's just skip, well sit outside a few moments before its over to meet up with Padfoot"

"He better be enjoying this cause this'll mean we missed whatever and will probably be confused tomorrow" Remus rolled his eyes 

"Well don't forgot Pete still went so it's fine" James said

Remus sat down and began reading to pass the time, while James talked over pranks and weekend plans. They finally went and sat outside the room, waiting for Padfoot, when he walked it he was Sirius. 

"You turned back?" Remus asked

Sirius nodded "You guys weren't there and so I couldn't just stay a dog in the corner" 

"We thought you went somewhere else" James said "So we left and decided there was no use in returning since we'd wasted the time trying to find you"

"I left when Severus said something and then went to potions after I took a small break in the halls, I talked to Lily for a moment" Sirius said

"Are you gonna turn back?" Remus asked

Sirius shrugged "Maybe I don't know, I need a break right now but possibly later"

"Alright" 

By later Sirius had turned back into Padfoot for a few classes then returned to normal, which was confusing a lot of people. He hid under tables as Padfoot so he got questioned when he was all of a sudden back. 

The four were now in the dorms, Sirius and Remus were curled up by the fire, while Peter was getting ready to see a Hufflepuff girl, and James was swooning over Lily. 

"Siri, shouldn't you be copying down work you missed?" Remus asked

"But I don't want to!" Sirius whined 

"It wasn't my decision to be a dog for most of the day" Remus replied

"I thought it would be fun though!" Sirius said "Turns out it was with everyone being confused but it also was annoying since I missed so much" he grumbled the last part 

"So now you should make it up, alright?" Remus said

Sirius groaned "Fineee" that would be the last time he did that. 

°
Bit dorky but I had fun writing this.