Disowned

Regulus disowns Sirius and a little confession
Warning f-slur used
Word Count: 782
°
By now Sirius was used to being hated on by his family, being disowned was normal. He and his brother had always had a strained relationship, but he never thought his brother would disown him for what he was. 

"See Mom was right about you, look at what you've become" Regulus said

"You can't just accept it?" Sirius asked

"Of course not, she always knew you'd end up as a freak, I'm honestly surprised you still have friends" Regulus snickered

"You just shut the fuck up, my friends accept me rather than you, they are better than you anyways" Sirius rolled his eyes

"What mom said was true you are a filthy fag" Regulus spat "I don't blame you for leaving though as you always were a coward and a little rebel" 

"I'm not a fucking coward" Sirius said through gritted teeth "And don't you dare call me that again!"

"What a fag? You know it's true" Regulus said, a grin on his face. 

"I'm not that, alright? Why can't you just accept me?" Sirius asked

"Well since it's just not normal, the family already knew you were a disappointment now it's really showing" Regulus chuckled "I see why they hate you"

"Well sorry I don't want to follow the bullshit known as the traditional Black family rules you lot follow, sorry I want to be independent" With that Sirius had stormed off in a whirl of emotions. 

Sirius felt tears threatening to spill, he was just so angry and it was leading him to a breakdown. He stormed up to the dorms ignoring his friends calls, and told them all to Sod Off before he shut himself in his curtains. After that he refused to come out, not wanting to break down in front of his friends. 

"He's not going to come out James just give it a rest" Remus said

"Well maybe I can persuade him to come out, after all we talk about almost everything maybe he'd be fine with telling me what happened" James said

Remus rolled his eyes "Can't you see he wants to be left alone? Sure you guys talk about a lot, but maybe he doesn't want to talk about this" 

"Well I want to, I don't want him hiding from us for days over something" James crossed his arms

Sirius poked his head out "You guys are terrible at keeping secrets" then he went back in. 

"Sirius, can I come in?" James asked

"No" 

"See James I don't think he wants to talk about it" Remus said 

"You talk to him then, maybe he'll listen" James said

"What did I just tell you?" 

James sighed "Alright we'll leave him alone" 

For the rest of the day Sirius was seen in and out, by this point he was simply trying to keep himself together. 

Later Sirius poked his head out, it seemed to be him and Remus only in the room. 

Remus glanced over and Sirius quickly ducked back in. He got up and stood at the other bed. "Sirius, can I talk to you?" 

Sirius finally gave in "Yeah" and he opened the curtains. 

Remus sat before him "So what exactly is going on?" 

"Me and Reg had a fight, that's all" Sirius said

"I think there's more to it if your acting this way Pads" 

Sirius felt the breakdown he had been dreading coming. "Well.. " he took a deep breath "He's started disowning me for being who I am and called me things and said how I'm a disappointment" this all came out in a quick spew of words. 

Remus seemed to have gathered some of it, but was still confused. "So you two fought, he disowned you, called you something and said you're a disappointment, anything else?"

"Guess I should come out at some point well.. I'm gay and Reg doesn't like that, I know we've had our differences but for most of the time he's been on my side with things now he seems to agree with our horrid parents" Sirius said then mumbled "Now you'll probably hate me too"

"Why would I hate you?" Remus asked

"Cause I fancy blokes" 

"I fancy either if I'm honest" Remus said 

Sirius's eyes lit up "You do?"

Remus nodded "Yep, just haven't really said anything" 

Sirius's face went  flushed and he looked away "I might've also had a crush on you since fourth year"

Remus chuckled "Really?"

Sirius nodded 

"Well can't say I haven't had one on you" Remus replied

"What!?"

"Mhm shocking isn't it?" 

"I didn't know.. " Sirius's face was a deep red "Shit we could've been together the entire time"

"Why not start now?" Remus asked

"I'd like that a lot"