Alone on a Full Moon

Remus's first full moon alone, Goes between Remus's and Sirius's views.
Word Count: 788
°
It was Remus's first full moon since the Halloween that ruined it all, and he was scared to death. He was worried he'd end up tearing himself apart, or wake up with terrible gashes he couldn't actually fix. Of course by now he was used to the pain and the scars, but not having his friends to ease it all was something he still had to adjust to. He'd found himself a nice spot in the forest, away from it all hoping he couldn't run into anyone while he was out and about. 

Remus felt the pull of the moon on him as he gazed at the stars, thinking of Sirius-oh how he missed him. He wished to hold him again, or at least wake up to him after every moon it always brought him joy. He felt hot tears rolling down his cheeks as the moonlight hit him, and whatever was left of his night was forgotten. 

-

Sirius was staring outside his cell, the moon was bright and taunting, he knew at that moment Remus was suffering and yet there was nothing he could do. He remembered all the nights he'd spent with him and waking up beside him, then all the hours spent in the hospital wing comforting him. Merlin he wished he had a time tuner, to fix all this mess so he'd be able to be there for him during this terrible time., 

Though Sirius hadn't been in Azkaban that long he felt all the memories constantly flooding back and making him cry. He missed everything and so desperately wanted revenge against Peter for getting him into this mess. "Fuck him" he muttered to himself. He thought this place was supposed to make him go mad, but he seemed to be just sad. 

-

Remus woke the next morning, full of pain. "Shit shit shit" he sat up quickly which he regretted as it seems he turned on himself once more. His mind was foggy as all hell, he knew later he'd get back what had all gone down last night. He glanced down to see gashes now they weren't huge, but they were painful enough. He stumbled up, finding his spare clothes and hastily pulling them on, the blood was soaking through. 

Remus got back to his house, quickly undressing once more and running a bath, while sitting out all his spare potions and bandages. He sunk down into the bath, watching the water turn red. "Fuck" he wished he had the wolfsbane potion, but thanks to society he was stuck in a reel of pain. His mind drifted once more to Sirius, if he were here none of this would've happened or if it did he'd have someone to help out. 

Remus finally drained the tub after a bit of soaking, just trying to get everything mildly clean. He hopped out and sat to the side examining everything now that it wasn't all a bloody mess. He patched it up the best he could before he drank one of his potions to reduce the pain. He sighed before pulling on something simple, a jumper and sweats just so that it wouldn't rub against any of his injuries. 

-

Sirius awoke once more in his cell, the sun was filtering through the window.. The full was over. He felt worry in the pit of his stomach, was Remus alright? He could never say for sure, but he knew how they affected him, he'd definitely have more scars after this. He buried his face into his legs and sobbed, at this point it was all he did as it was honestly all he thought he could do. 

-

Remus spent the day sitting in bed, smoking every so often the window was wide open letting a breeze in so at least the house wouldn't smell of smoke. He'd made himself tea and was reading, trying to put off the pain as the potion would soon wear off. He knew most of what he didn't wasn't the best option, but what else did he have? He could do basic mobility with where the worst of the gashes were and he was opposed to reopening any of them knowing they'd leave terrible scars. 

That was the other thing Remus knew he'd have more scars now without anyone stopping him. By now his memories had returned and it seemed he'd been able to chase down a few things, got bored, and then turned against himself. "Why does this always happen?" he mumbled to himself. 

Next time Remus would have to come up with a better plan for the Full. 

Sirius would have to learn how to deal with it all in Azkaban, knowing he wouldn't get out anytime soon.