Win Him Over

Sirius takes Remus out for Valentine's Day and gets a bit more.
This one gets spicy at one point, just a warning.
Word Count: 2,283
Now Sirius wasn't really one to get jealous, but here he was. He'd been noticing girls being all flirty with whom he considered to be his man Remus, though he'd never actually had gotten the guts to ask him out. His fear was rejection with how his family life was. He didn't want to add another bad thing into life, yet he couldn't exactly decide either how he'd actually do it. Sure usually his ego was usually through the roof, but not around this boy no. Recently he'd taken up on admiring him, noticing all his little scars and imperfections, what he likes, what he reads, things like that. 

Remus was currently staring at his parchment, trying to finish an essay that was due in over a week typical. 

Sirius sat beside him, fidgeting "Why don't you just work on it later?"

Remus shrugged "I'd rather have it done now rather than be a certain someone and do it last minute"

Sirius chuckled "Well it all works out in the end, doesn't it?"

"Guess so but I'm not taking the chance" Remus scribbled down a few things 

"So are you uh-taking anyone anywhere I'm Saturday?" Sirius asked, Saturday was Valentine's Day. 

"No, not that I know of, you?"

"Me neither"

There was a slight silence, so Sirius might have a chance after all. 

"Well then I have to get going, see you around Moony" Sirius quickly got up and ran off

"See you"

Within the time Sirius had left he was already coming up with a plan he was going to surprise Remus with roses and chocolate, cliche he knows but he didn't really know what else romantic to get him at the moment. So with his spare time for the day he used the map to get to Hogsmeade, sneaking through the passage into Honeydukes, of course he had snatched James' cloak and would probably face a questioning but it was worth it. 

Sirius was overly excited with the thought of this all working out, chocolate, roses… a night together maybe. He felt his face heat up, a night together? Please. He grabbed a few bars of chocolate, sat the money on the counter and went to look for roses, ones that didn't look like they'd been through a war. Once he had those he had the task of sneaking back and hiding all of it, without the other two nosey roommates finding it-if there was anyone he could trust it would be Lily. 

"Lily, could you just hide these till Saturday please?" Sirius asked

"What's in it for me?" Lily asked

"Well.. A date with James?" Sirius suggested

"I guess I'll do it" She grinned and took the items "Now where do you want these the day of?"

"Remus's bed, just put the roses on the nightstand I know they'll fall over otherwise" Sirius said 

"You got it" 

Later Sirius was sitting on the edge of James's bed "Good news Lily will go with you on a date"

James jumped up "Fuck yeah!" he hugged "Sirius thank you! How'd you do it though?"

"It's a secret mate" 

"Alright then keep your secrets" 

Sirius's plan was all coming together. 

-

Saturday came around rather quickly, at least to Sirius it did. He was overly anxious yet excited, as in between the time he'd made a card for Remus and sat it on the bed beside the bars of chocolate. He then took a deep breath and walked out, somehow never bumping into Remus. With how he'd been planning it out he found it would be a bit weird for him to remain in the room while Remus found the surprise and his invitation to a date at Hogsmeade. Sure he'd be confronted about it soon enough but he didn't want it to happen right in the dorm.