Surprise Visit

This takes place after GOF, a longer one for y'all :]
Word Count- 2,150
°
Knock knock

There he was Sirius Black standing on Remus Lupin's doorstep. 

"Hey guess I'm here to stay, you were notified right?" Sirius asked

Remus nodded, though a bit taken back, he wasn't exactly sure when Sirius was going to show up and he hadn't exactly tidied up either. "I wasn't exactly sure when you were coming" he led Sirius in through the clutter, books were stacked up and bits and pieces of parchment were scattered about. 

Sirius looked around, the place was small but he was sure the two could manage for a while. 

Remus sat down at a rickety table, he slid the stack of books off of it "Merlin I should've cleaned"

"No it's fine really, I mean you didn't know I'd show up now" Sirius said 

Remus got up "No no I have to clean up, look at all this" he gestured to all the messy piles of an assortment of things scattered about "I think it's rude to have your house a total mess when your supposed to be having someone stay" 

"Remus it's fine really, I just got here you don't have to clean right now" Sirius assured him

Remus relaxed slightly, he was just tense "You think it's fine?"

"For now yes, I mean it's late anyways-" It was pitch black outside and almost ten at night "Why don't we just call it a night and tomorrow you clean all you want"

Remus sighed, finally giving in "You can sleep in my room I'll sleep on the couch"

"I can sleep on the couch-"

"Your my guest my room" Remus said 

Sirius went to Remus's room, it was small and pretty dull more or less what he'd expected out of him. He sat on the edge of the bed, he was exhausted. Traveling by dog wasn't that easy. He laid back and let sleep overtake him. 

Remus however wasn't asleep, he decided to make himself tea and began organizing books. He knew if Sirius walked in he'd get scolded and told to sleep, but he couldn't help it he felt wrong leaving his place a mess when he had his past lover staying. 

Speaking of past lover, Remus could never tell if they might rekindle, but by how Sirius was earlier; they had a pretty good chance of something resparking. He thought their first encounter since the shrieking shack would be awkward, but it was going better than expected like nothing really went wrong. 

Stacking the last of the books back on a shelf, Remus finally laid down on the couch he'd been up for the past two hours thinking and working on all that. He couldn't necessarily say he was tired as by this point he was used to barely sleeping, but any he could get was much appreciated. 

-

The morning was silent for the most part, Remus was awoken by Sirius cooking something. 

Remus sat up, he was half off the couch "Siri"

Sirius turned around quickly, spatula in hand "Hm?"

Remus got up from his awkward position "Your cooking?, You didn't have to I would've done it"

"No though I'm your guest I thought I'd treat you, it's obvious you stayed up cleaning" Sirius turned back around, before Remus could reply he added "You really thought I wouldn't notice?"

Remus stood beside Sirius "Well at least I'll make us something to drink, what do you want?"

"Whatever you make should be fine" Sirius said