Fight

They fight and make up
Word Count: 1,051

Tensions had been high for a few days and now they were spilling over.

“You know what Remus fuck you!” Sirius yelled 

“Fuck you too!” Remus yelled back, he slammed the door and had left the flat by now.

Sirius sat there in the deafening silence, tears were now streaming down his face, he knew this could’ve happened anyways the fact that it definitely did was still a shock for him. He couldn’t figure out if Remus was actually going to come back or stay out for a while, and if he did what was he going to do? He knew his lover could occasionally end up being self destructive and he didn’t want that to happen. He sat on the couch worried sick and trying to figure out what to do once Remus came back, would they talk it through? Were they going to break up? So many questions were going through his mind, and breathing was starting to feel difficult. Oh, shit he was having another panic attack, which he hadn’t had in a while. 

It took Sirius a while to calm down, though his anxiety over the whole situation had never fully gone away, he was still worried about Remus, who hadn’t returned in a few hours by now. He went to the bedroom and finally laid down, making sure to take meds to help him sleep.

It wasn’t until around midnight that Remus returned, he ended up passed out on the couch. 

That morning Sirius walked out into the living room, now relieved that Remus was back, but worried once more about what he had done or what was going to happen next. For the moment he let him sleep, and went to make himself some coffee to keep himself up for whatever was to come next. He then went back to the bedroom where he decided on talking with James about it. 

S: Jamesssss, we had a fight, what should I do?
J: Have you tried talking to him yet?

S: No he’s not awake, he left for a bit and idk when he came back

J: Ok then wait till he’s up and talk it through with him, I don’t think you two could stay mad at each other for long

S: Yeah, we can’t, alright I’ll talk to him when he gets up

J: Tell me how it goes

Sirius sat his phone down and sighed, would he really be able to fix things this time? 

Remus got up a few hours later, he hadn’t done anything but took a long walk and sat outside for a while to calm his nerves down. He noticed the bedroom door was shut and knew Sirius was in there, fuck he wanted to fix this. He knocked on the door “Sirius can I come in?”

“Yeah”
Remus opened the door, Sirius looked like a mess, it was obvious he had been crying for a bit. “Are you alright?”

“Does it fucking look like I’m alright?, We fought and where the fuck did you even go?” Sirius asked.

“I only walked around and sat outside, I was so pissed off I didn’t want to make anything worse” Remus admitted.

“So why’d you just leave instead of fucking talking to me?”

“It would’ve fucking escalated everything don’t you understand!?” Remus paused “I can’t fucking lose you and I can’t stand to know you’ve been crying all because of me” 

Sirius took a deep breath in order to calm himself down “I get it we can’t lose each other, but you can’t just walk out on me every time you get so pissed off, we need to talk it out so this doesn’t happen, I don’t think it will make it worse Remus I really don’t, I just want us to be able to make up quick and correctly so we don’t have to see each other feeling bad” 

Remus now sat on the end of the bed “Yeah, we can do that, I won’t walk out anymore, or at least if I do I’ll tell you what I’m doing, alright?” 

“Alright” Sirius said and then it was silent for a few moments before he spoke again “It really worried me about where you went, I ended up having a panic attack over it” 

Remus sighed “Shit, I’m sorry pads I didn’t mean to cause one, I just didn’t want things to get worse”

“Well don’t fucking leave again” Sirius said “I don’t like dealing with them and all I wanted was for you to be there to help me calm down” 

“I’m sorry I left, if I would’ve known how it affected you I wouldn’t have left in the first place” 

“You know pretty much anything could happen, I don’t know how you didn’t think about that” Sirius crossed his arms.

“I wasn’t thinking” Remus was now crying, he couldn’t stop it he felt like a failure. 

Sirius moved over to him and wrapped his arms around him “I know our minds are out of line when were pissed at each other, but there's things we need to work on and if we put in the effort something like this shouldn’t happen again” 

Remus nodded, he held onto Sirius tight “I’m still really sorry” 

“Stop apologizing so much or I’ll cut off your tongue I swear” Sirius gave a little eye roll “I already forgive you, so you don’t have to keep doing that”

“Oh..” Remus now felt a little stupid and hid his face in Sirius’s chest. 

Sirius giggled “Why are you hiding moons?”

“I feel stupid” 

“Your not, you’ve been really sweet honestly”

Remus made a little noise, and Sirius laid back so the two were cuddled up.

“We’ll continue this conversation later?”

“Yeah” 

“I love you Rem”

“I love you too” Remus mumbled back.

Sirius grabbed his phone to text James again. 

S: We talked and have made up

J: Better have or I’ll do it for you

S: We have James, he’s passed out on me now

J: See you two can never stay mad at each other 

S: I guess we can’t 

Sirius sat his phone back down, and ran his hands through Remus’s hair while his lover nuzzled into him some more and the two passed out for a while all snuggled up.