2.

Sage in the MM.

Please leave comments. I love your feedback. It helps 💘.

Novalie;

"I'm homeeee!" I yelled as I walked into my apartment before yawning as I kicked my shoes off

"I'm homeeee!" I yelled as I walked into my apartment before yawning as I kicked my shoes off. I was exhausted, ready to take a nap before getting ready for work again.

"How was it?" My little sister asked as she walked from our room and into the living room. I sighed, running a hand down my face before shooting Claire an exhausted look causing her to laugh. I've been taking care of her since she was eight. She was like a daughter to me and my best friend. I would give her the world if I could.

She was so heartbroken when mom left us alone. She asked for her everyday, wishing and hoping for her to come back until she was old enough to realize that she wasn't going to. I know she still holds onto the wish, clutching the only picture she has of our mother in her hand every night as she slept.

I wish I could give her what she wanted, but instead I stepped up and became the mother we never had.

"I got you some Chinese food. How was school?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen and placed our lunch on the table before walking to the sink and washing my hands.

"It was fine. I have a few forms you need to sign. Can I join the cheer team?" Claire asked as she sat on the island stool, grabbing her plate. I grabbed it back as I shot her a look and she smirked as she watched me plate her food before handing it to her.

I never allow her to eat an entire container. I always make sure to split our meals between each other unless she was particular with what she wanted. I like to make sure she felt secure.

The little things matter, after all. Even if it means sharing our dinner.

"You can join whatever you want, babe. Bring me the paperwork so I can sign it before I get ready for work."

"Can I do your makeup? Please please-"

"Fine, fine. Just..go get the paper work. I want to take a nap before I get ready."

I watched as the young dark-skinned girl jumped from her chair and scurried to our room when my roommate walked into the kitchen while rubbing her eyes.

"Hey." She mumbled.

"Hey." I responded back. She was a middle aged woman who owned the apartment. She stayed to herself, chain smoking in her room and sleeping most of the day. She was pale with dark blue hair, her body covered in tattoos and piercings from head to toe.

Her name was Lana. She was nice, but we didn't really talk to her much. I was always weary about leaving Claire here alone with her while I went to work, but Claire always assured me that she never bothered her. All her guests always stay in the room with her, leaving Claire alone which made me feel much better.