16.

YALL ARE SO FUNNY I WANT MORE COMMENTS.

UNEDITED

SAGE;

"W-what the fück are you talking about, Sage? Did you just break up with me because you want to fuck someone else? What the fuck is actually wrong with you? I don't even know what to say."

"Of course you don't. You never do when it comes to me."

"Girl, are you drunk? As a matter of fact, yes you are. Go to sleep. I'm done talking about this."

"Of course you are." I chuckled as I ran a hand down my face. They were shaking and my heart was beating rapidly in my chest. I felt like my head was going to explode. I wanted nothing more than to scream.

"You know what, you win."

"What are you talking about?" I hissed. Novalie chuckled and put her hands up.

"You win. You want to leave? Leave. You want to go be with Angel, go ahead. I'm done having people stress me out because of their own problems. Go ahead. Just remember that you did this. When you get out of whatever fucking trance you're in, remember that this was your choice. You are not Claire. It's definitely not my job to save you."

"Wow."

"Yeah, Sage. Wow. Pack a bag, I'm changing the locks."

"So just like that?" I asked. She groaned and laid down in the bed before turning off the lights.

"I don't know what you want from me but I'm not letting anyone else play with my life. You already know what I've been through and I don't want to have a repeat. Respectfully leave or go sleep in the guest room. I just don't want to deal with this right now."

"That's my exact problem. I can't talk to you about anything that I have going on. I'm always here for you and Brooke but when it's my turn it's always put on hold. Did you know that I stopped sleeping again? And that my hair is thinning. No. Everything is perfect in your eyes-"

"Sage. Fuck off, respectfully. I don't wanna hear shit you have to say."

I stood there in shock. I felt invalidated and completely unheard. It angered me and I grabbed my bag, packing some clothes and my toiletries before walking downstairs.

"Where are you even going to go?"

"Anywhere but here. You want me to fuck off? I'll fuck off."

"Can we just.. talk in the morning-"

"No. I'm done being dismissed. Did you care when I was having panic attacks back to back when your mom came back? No. Did you care about how I felt when you lied about being on birth control? What about after the vacation we went on where you just went cold on me? But now it's my turn and I'm the fucked up one. I told you I was confused, you initiated sex and now you're mad because I fucking liked it? What about me? You, Claire and Brooke had your narratives. What about me?" I suddenly sobbed as I dropped my bag. I was exhausted, my thoughts racing and the voice of my mother filling the back of my mind.

I wanted nothing more than for her to be here. For her to see what that man turned me into so I could protect myself. Now it was all falling apart and the same little girl who played with dolls and was waiting for her Prince Charming is back at the surface and I didn't know what to do anymore.

"Hey, hey..how about we both calm down and talk in the morning?"

"I don't wanna talk anymore, Novalie. Especially to you." I pushed her arms off of me and walked out of the door with tears streaming down my face. I felt completely invalidated, the frustration of not being able to put my feelings into the proper words eating me up inside.

How was I supposed to tell her this? The years of convincing myself that I was the man and will always be the man in all of my relationships. To be the man that my mom needed to protect her.

To be the man that I needed to protect me.

I let out a frustrated huff as I ran my hands down my face. I felt mentally drained and exhausted, wanting nothing more than to be held as I cried away my feelings. But instead I called an Uber to the nearest bar, wanting nothing more than to forget.

"How about we get out of here? Hm?" I asked the lovely young man who kept asking to buy me drinks. I was completely hammered, and I wanted nothing more than to quiet the racing thoughts in my mind.

"I think not."

I turned around and saw the eyes that haunted me and scoffed before turning around to see the man already had gone outside. I sucked my teeth and turned around to glare up at Angel who just stared down at me with sad eyes.

"What are you doing, Sage?"

"None of your business, Angel."

"Come on, let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere-"

"I said come the fuck on! Now!" Their voice was booming causing everyone to look at us at the bar. I glared up at them before grabbing my bag and walking out, ignoring the warm feeling I got with their hand on my waist.

"You need to stop this. I understand there's something going on-"

"You don't understand shit." I slurred as I slipped into the backseat of the cab. Angel huffed and slipped in next to me before slamming the door shut and demanding the driver to take off.

"Where are we going?" I whined causing them to hush me.

"Just hush. Obviously you need somewhere to think that doesn't involve you jeopardizing your life. We're going back to my house."

"With Anita there?  She hates me-"

"She's not there. She hasn't been since we left the jazz club. She went to stay with Bella."

"What why? It's because of me isn't it? Fuck I just keep ruining everything. I should just kill mysel-"

"Shut the fuck up. Now before I choke the shit out of you. You don't talk like that. Nita and I have our own fucking problems that have nothing to do with you. Now shut up and sit back."