10.

The song is significant. I'll tell you when to press play. You don't have to, before y'all go ahead and tell me y'all won't. Leave comments or else.

Unedited.

Novalie:

After walking out on Sage, I decided to continue doing private room sessions. The group of men that I usually served waited for me in another room, and I managed to drag it on for the rest of my shift. It was after one a.m and I was exhausted, counting out my tips and splitting it to give to my manager.

I made five thousand dollars tonight, which isn't bad but isn't the best. I knew it was because I was distracted most of the night, deciding to stay in the locker room if I wasn't doing a private session. I locked up my box and packed up my things, slipping off my wig and putting on my sweatsuit before walking to my managers office. I heard loud moaning come from the room and I scoffed before knocking loudly on the door.

"Slide it under the door."

"You don't have to tell me twice." I mumbled under my breath as I slid the money under his door before turning around and walking toward the exit.

"Hey." I heard from behind me and turned around to see Sage sitting at the bar, sipping a drink. I scoffed and started to walk out, but felt a gentle hand touch my waist causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Let me buy you a drink and walk you to the train, at least." She whispered, her hand still on my waist. I sighed and turned around, a soft smile on her face causing me to roll my eyes.

"One drink. I can use it, anyway." I breathed watching as her smile widened. We walked to the bar and I sat down, looking at the bartender who just smiled.

"I'll take a merlot, any kind." I breathed.

"Wow, she's a woman of taste, I see." Sage stated causing me to chuckle and roll my eyes before looking into her low, drunken ones.

"And you're drunk. Why are you here, anyway?" I asked. She sighed and sipped her whisky as she rolled her eyes.

"It's my birthday. Well was. I was here with a few friends but they left a few hours ago."

"Why didn't you leave with them?" I asked as I sipped my wine.

"I'm not sure. Just decided to stick around." She breathed as she looked at me. We stared at each other for a second and I looked away, allowing my fingers to tap the glass slightly.

"Have you eaten?"

"I'm not a charity case, Sage-"

"That's not what I meant. I'm genuinely asking if you've eaten. I'm hungry and can use something to soak up this liquor, anyway."

I looked up at her and saw the genuine curiosity in her eyes and I smiled as I shook my head before sipping my drink.

"Nah, I haven't. I've been sleeping most of the day. I didn't get off until five last night." I responded quietly as I looked down at my cup while swirling the content inside.

"Well..there's a diner I know around here if you want to grab something before you head home. That's if you want to."

"Is this something you're going to regret in the morning?" I asked causing her to laugh as she rolled her pretty hazel eyes.

"Oh please. Being nice to someone and grabbing a burger is nothing to regret. I do, however, regret making you upset earlier. I'm sorry about that. I was just concerned."

"I understand. I just didn't expect my Professor to see me half naked, that's all."

"Wasn't a bad sight at all, if I'll be honest." She whispered causing me to shove her shoulder making her laugh as I rolled my eyes.