38.

Epilogue next chapter lol.

Third point of view:

One year later..

"Welcome home!"

Anita jumped in surprise as all her friends cheered while the kids blew their party horns. Anita squealed as she hugged Adrien before hugging everyone else. It's been a year since she's been hospitalized and she was finally released, her hunger for life thriving again.

They all visited her every single weekend, showering her in presents and in the latest gossip. If it wasn't Angel and Sage, it was Bella and Novalie, which turned into them including Samantha. Samantha and Novalie's relationship thrived, growing into a romance that Novalie knew she couldn't give up.

Angel and Sage grew closer and closer, the couple now recently engaged. Angel knew they wanted another shot at love and Sage was it. Before proposing, they asked both Anita and Novalie for their blessing, the two women more excited than Angel was. They had finally signed the divorce papers with ease, which gave Anita her chance at love without a toxic past haunting her.

Her relationship with the nurse grew, Havana transferring to a different ward just so him and Anita can be together. He knew he wanted her from the moment he saw her smile, and made sure to court the woman properly. Now that she was free, he was able to finally pursue her the way he wanted to.

He was old school and Anita loved it, him leaving flowers in front of her room door everyday and spelling out his adoration for the woman. She wrote emails to Angel about it on days they couldn't visit, and Angel always responded back as soon as they could. 

He didn't even care I was intersex, Angel! Can you believe it? He loved it, actually..

Brooke and Diana eventually stopped visiting Anita, but Anita didn't take it personal. She knew she had friends that supported her and waited for her every single day and they always made her feel loved and appreciated. Brooke and Diana stopped showing up, even ghosting Amelia and Casey. Amelia felt a way at first considering her sister was dropping her for her lover, but knew it wasn't her concern anymore because she had everything she needed and more.

Sage explained to them the last conversation her and Brooke had and it made sense, Amelia angry at the fact that she had influenced Diana to stop talking to her own sister that she worked so hard to find. But one day Diana showed up at her sisters house, crying because Brooke finally found a new shiny toy to play with and left her in the dust.

Of course Amelia took her sister in her arms, dreading the day she sees Brooke again because she knew she was going to beat her ass. Sage managed to convince her that it wasn't worth it, disappointed in her ex-best friends behavior.

"Oh my gosh! You all are so cute! Thank you!" Anita squealed, Bella wrapping her arms around her causing Havana to roll his eyes with a smirk. Anita told him all about her special friends, but also reassured him that she was done with that life and needed some normalcy in her new monogamous relationship.

"We missed you, girl!" Novalie giggled as she hugged her friend.

"We definitely did." Diana stated sadly causing Amelia to rub her back.

"Mama, I'm so happy to see you!" Adrien giggled as she hugged her mother tightly. Anita pouted and lifted up her toddler and kissed her face.

"And I missed you! You've gotten so big, my princess."

"It's Prince!" Adrien exclaimed causing Angel to smirk.

"That's my boy."

"And look at the new fiancées! Let me see the ring, let me see!" Anita squealed as she grabbed Sage's hand, the large diamond ring sparkling under the light.