18.

Novalie;

I sighed as I stared down at my budget planner, tapping the pen against my chin as I looked at my safe. It was after two in the morning, Claire fast asleep in her new room after Sage showed us around. It was the perfect size for her, not too big but not to small either. There was a nice sized bed that she was so excited to plop into.

I made sure she dressed in her pajamas before braiding her hair down so she could sleep comfortably, and with the way she was drooling when I checked in on her, I'm sure she was just fine. Me, on the other hand, I couldn't get too comfortable. I kept tossing and turning and finally got up, grabbing my money box and my planner before walking downstairs to the kitchen.

I've been sitting here for the last hour as I planned my budget for next few months to come. I had enough money to last us for a while, but also knew it didn't last forever and had to be careful especially now that I wouldn't be stripping anymore. It kind of felt like a relief, but part of me was afraid to not have anything to fall back on if things were to go left.

100,000. Rent in New York City wouldn't last a year. So I have no choice but to find a new job and continue stacking up. Fuck.

"What are you doing up?" I heard Sage's voice ask causing me to jump and twist around to see her walking into the kitchen. She was in a sports bra and a pair of boxers and I swallowed hard as my eyes roamed her upper body. She was extremely fit, her abs tight and her muscles prominent on her arms.

"Couldn't sleep. You?" I asked.

"Same." She sighed as she walked over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. I watched as she drank from it, her eyes closed in satisfaction causing me to bite my lip as I looked away.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

"You okay?" She asked as she walked over and stood next to me. I nodded as I looked down at my book and she sighed as she touched my shoulder.

"You're still worrying."

"I can't help but worry. I'm trying to make sure I have enough finances. She's going to want money for decorations in her room. I have to make sure-" My statement was interrupted when her lips pressed against mine, every single worry leaving my body as I melted into her arms.

"Stop. Worrying." She whispered as she pecked my lips. I moaned softly against her mouth, every single doubt I had about her slipping away as I nodded. She kissed me one more time and pulled away causing me to sigh as I tried to stop feeling dizzy.

"Come. Let me show you something." Sage breathed as she grabbed my hand. I stood, our fingers laced as we walked upstairs. She opened her bedroom door and I gasped quietly. It was beautiful and spacious. She had a balcony that allowed a view to the city that was a bit farther from us. There was a large painting above her headboard, the skylight above her bed allowing some moonlight to shine down on her bed.

"Wow.." I whispered as I looked around, slowly walking further inside. I've never seen such a beautiful room before, being used to a hole in a wall with gated apartment windows and fire escapes.

"Come..let's go to the balcony."

I watched as she slid the glass doors open and stepped outside. I followed suit, feeling her arms wrap around me from behind as I looked around. It was a beautiful view, the manhattan bridge filled with lights that lid up the sky. I saw the water that sat below it, along with the city lights that lit up every part of the town.

"This is so beautiful."

"I know..it's why I wanted to show you. I want you to relax and just breathe for a minute. You're safe now. You don't have to be in survival mode anymore. You can live, now. No more stressing. You can sleep, eat as much as you want, if you want to join a yoga class shoot go right ahead-" Her last statement made me laugh but I gasped quietly as her fingers grazed against my hips underneath my tank top causing me to swallow hard.

I twisted around and saw that her eyes were on my lips, her fingers never leaving my side. I swallowed hard and looked down at hers and she slowly leaned in.

"Just breathe." She whispered before pressing her lips against mine. We started to kiss, it growing more passionate causing me to moan softly. I felt her tongue graze against my lips and I opened them, allowing her tongue to slip inside causing me to gasp. We both moaned as my tongue swirled around hers, my arms wrapping around her neck as our kiss deepened.

It felt so good and I never wanted it to end, my body growing hot as we continued to make out. She sucked on my tongue and I moaned, Sage pulling on it as she moaned around it causing me to whimper.

"You taste so good." She whispered against my lips causing me to look up at her with need. She smirked, her eyes dark and luring causing me to gasp as her hand travelled up my shirt slightly.

"Can I touch you?" She asked and I nodded abruptly causing her to smile as she leaned in and started to kiss my neck. She took her time, kissing and sucking on my skin causing me to moan quietly as my hands rubbed against her shoulders before holding her head to my neck. She licked and sucked on my skin before kissing towards my mouth and pecking my lips again when I felt something poke my thigh causing me to jump.

"What is that?" I whispered causing her to look at me in confusion, but then the realization hit her face and she turned bright red as her eyes widened and she swallowed hard before abruptly turning around.

"Sage? You okay?" I asked quietly and she nodded as she shifted around before swallowing hard.

"Then turn around."

"No."

"Sage..did I hurt you?"

"No."

"Then what is it?" Sage let out a breath before slowly turning around. Her hands were covering her private parts and I swallowed hard as I looked up at her in confusion.

"W-whats the problem? Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded, her face still bright red as she slowly moved her hands away. I looked down and my eyes widened as I gasped loudly before covering my mouth.

"Y-you..you have..you-"

"Yes. I was born with a penis."