14.

Novalie:

"You okay, baby?" Anita asked as she sat next to me at the bar. I had ditched everyone and sat at the open bar. I wasn't sure how long I've been here. It's probably been since Angel and Sage disappeared to God knows where.

I didn't have to mental capacity to deal with this. I thought that I did. I thought I wanted this, but I don't. I just wanted validation. I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy and that my soon to be fiancée was falling in love with someone else.

"I'm drunk. I am very drunk." I giggled as I slurred. Anita sighed and grabbed my hand before pulling me into the bathroom. She handed me a bottle of water and I drank it slowly.

"I think..I fucked up with yesterday."

"It's not you. It's them. I see it too."

"Ha! I knew I wasn't fùcking crazy. My wife is in love with your wife and I don't know what the fuck to do."

"Angel and I haven't been the same for a while. You know our arrangement. It's all about you and Sage. Besides...we have each other right?" Anita asked as she walked over to me slowly and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. I swallowed hard and nodded and she grinned, leaning down to kiss me softly.

"Don't worry that pretty head of yours. I've got you in any way you need it. Don't forget that, sweetheart."

Anita walked out of the bathroom and I let out a breath before shaking my head.

"This is a fucking mess." I grumbled before stumbling out of the bathroom and going back to my seat with Amelia and Casey.

"Where did everyone go?" I asked and Amelia shrugged as she sipped her drink and bobbed her head to the music.

"I have not a clue. I was wondering the same thing." She responded back, Casey nodding as she eyed me skeptically.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Casey shook her head and I furrowed my brows.

"I can't find anyone." Amelia sighed before sitting down next to me. She grabbed my hand under the table and I suddenly felt calmer before shrugging.

"Fuck it. Let's get our drinking on."

Angel:

Fuck. Fuck.

I watched as the two best friends argued, Diana staring at me with wide eyes. Sage was sobbing as Brooke yelled at her and I shook my head before walking toward her.

"Stop yelling at her. Chill the fuck out." My voice was brooding and Brooke glared up at me before looking at Sage with the most angriest eyes I've ever seen.

Don't fùcking penalize her. Stop treating her like a damn child. Everyone else does.

"Explain. Now."

"I-"

"She doesn't have to explain anything." I hissed as I stepped in. Sage looked at me in shock but I shook my head before glaring at Brooke. Brooke scoffed and stepped forward causing me to clench my fists.

"You better know what the fuck you're doing with her. She has a damn fiancée inside with your wife. All you did was suck her dick and now you're all smitten? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Brooke, stop. It's more complicated than that." Sage sobbed quietly. I looked over at her and swallowed hard. I wanted nothing more than to give her a fùcking hug. She didn't harden like I did, or like Jesse did. She froze instead, and now she finally met someone who's like her and she's fùcking scared because she feels the attraction between us. Instead of everyone trying to understand, they just treat her like some fùcking kid who has no choice but to listen.

Not on my fucking watch.

"Oh really? Explain what's more complicated than what I just saw. How long has this been going on anyway?"

"There's nothing fucking going on! Now can you just shut the fuck up?! Gosh!" Sage yelled before walking off in a hurry. We both called after her but she just kept walking. I looked over at Brooke and scoffed.

"Why couldn't you just back off? You didn't even give her a chance to explain."

"What is there to explain? That you're seducing my best friend like a fùcking weirdo?"

"Oh now I'm a mother fucking weirdo but you were just hopping on my fucking dick like your fucking lap dog here."

"Hey! Watch your damn mouth!" Diana hissed as she stepped forward.

"Or what? Go ahead. You know where I'm from. Stop fucking playing with me." My heart was pumping fast in my chest as my anger started to take over.

"You're getting so defensive and you mean to tell me nothing is going on?"

"Maybe if you weren't so sucked up in your own perfect world you'd see that she's actually in pain and she's fucking hiding it. Fuck!" I hissed before walking off. I called my driver, asking him to help me find the beautiful woman in the blue dress. We searched every lounge and restaurant, Sage nowhere to be found.

I just wanted her to feel taken care of. She's what I could've been if the world didn't harden me. She still had her light, something I lost a long time ago. I wanted to protect her and make her feel as if she could be herself without any condition. I could tell she has never been taken care of before.

It was time before she self-destructed.

My question is, how could I have been the only one to ignore it? How much has she done for everyone else for them to forget that she's her own person too? What has she gone through to make her feel like she needs to save everyone else before she saved herself? Why is that the only thing that kept her from drowning?

Who hurt the little girl that she used to be?

"There! There she is!" I hissed as I saw Sage hanging around some guy. He was walking her to his car, both of them stumbling as she giggled. I got out of the car and walked over swiftly, before grabbing her arm.

"Hey! Move! Don't you see I'm busy?" She hissed drunkenly. I glared down at the guy who just stared back at me and I stepped forward before lifting my shirt and showing off my gun that sat in my waist band.

"Leave."

"Sorry hon." He chuckled awkwardly before walking off. Sage looked down and scoffed before glaring up at me. Her eyes kept crossing from how drunk she was and it made my chest ache.

"What? You can touch me and so can Novalie but no one else can't? Huh? So what if I like guys too? He didn't care when he touched me." Sage slurred as she started to sob. I didn't question anything she said, instead pulling her into my arms and holding her as she sobbed into my chest.

"How could they not see that you've been suffering this entire time, petal?"