21.

Storm is brewing.

Novalie:

I know baby, I know..give it to me..

You needed this, didn't you?

I know..

"Novalie!" I jumped and looked up to see both Claire and Sage looking at me with concern. I swallowed hard and looked around before shooting them a smile.

"What? What happened?"

"We asked if you wanted to get food from the food court. You were staring into space like some creep." Claire giggled causing Sage to smile as her eyes roamed my face. I swallowed hard and shook my head from the memory that kept replaying in my head from the moment I woke up this morning.

We were standing in front of home goods, and I kept zoning out. I couldn't even look Sage in the face without becoming flustered. The way she touched me last night was so intoxicating. I just wanted more and more.

And more..

What turned me on even more is the fact that she wasn't pressuring me for sex. I wasn't sure if I was ready to go all of the way yet, but her leaving it up to me really did something to me.

My nipples were hardening at the thought.

"That's fine with me. Did you get everything that you wanted?" I asked Claire as all three of us started to walk down to the food court.

"Yes, but I wanted to stop at lush. I want a few candles from the yankee store too. Oh! And there's this cute little bath rug at pink I want to get since I have my own bathroom."

"Whatever you want, princess." I chuckled causing her to smile widely as she clapped her hands. I looked over at Sage and saw her staring at the side of my face with a look I couldn't understand.

"Sage!"

We all looked in the direction where her name was called and saw Brooke waving. She was with a little girl who looked just like her except with blue eyes. She was eating ice cream from a cup, swinging her legs with no care in the world.

"Hey Brooke! Mind if we go say hi?" Sage asked. I nodded and we all walked over, Sage giving her friend a tight hug before pulling away.

"It's good to see you again Novalie. And who's this cutie?" Brooke asked as she smiled at Claire who was just gaping at the tall woman.

"This is Claire, my little sister."

"Is that dolce and gabbana?" Claire gaped as she touched the fabric of Brookes coat.

"You like it?" Brooke asked as she grinned at Claire who nodded profusely. Brooke started to take off the jacket and placed it over Claire's shoulders causing both of us to gasp.

"You don't have to-"

"She's a woman of taste. Of course I do." Brooke stated with a grin. Claire looked up at me with bright eyes and I smiled before looking at Brooke appreciatively.

"How are you?" Sage asked Brooke. Brooke shrugged with a sad smile before clearing her throat.

"Let's just be glad I didn't sign a prenup, eh?" She chuckled but I could tell she was sad. It was swimming in her dark brown eyes.

"It's for the best. You deserve so much better. He treated you like garbage and you know it." Sage breathed lowly so the young girl didn't hear.

"I know, and last night was the breaking point. I'm so sorry again. Seriously." Brooke breathed as she looked at me. I waved my hand as I shot her a genuine smile causing her to nod.

"Anya, say hi to your God mother."

"Hi auntie Sage." Anya grinned as she looked up at Sage, both of her front teeth missing causing my heart to swell.

"Say, you seem to be a girl that knows about fashion. How about I bring you to my studio sometime soon? If that's okay with Novalie, of course."

"Oh my God, like a real fashion studio? Novie, puh-lease!" Claire begged as she looked up at me with pleading eyes. I swallowed hard and looked at Sage who shrugged, making it known that it was up to me.

"Sure. When?" Claire let out a loud squeal and gave me a tight hug as Brooke smiled widely.

"I can pick her up from school one of these days. It's all up to you. Sage has my number, just let me know. I'm in the office a lot more now that..well you know. I could use the company." Brooke breathed as she smiled. Claire nodded abruptly and I chuckled as I wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Okay. Okay yeah, I'll definitely let you know."

"Bye honies. Come on, Anya." She kissed Sage's cheek before ruffling Claire's hair slightly and walked off, the tall woman taking strides as if she had somewhere to be. I looked at Sage and saw she had sad eyes as she watched her friend walk away and it made me feel bad.

"Maybe we can invite her for dinner sometime soon. Or I can watch her daughter and you guys go out." I breathed as we walked off. Sage smiled and slowly took my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"That sounds like a great idea."

After eating chipotle and getting milkshakes, we were finally back at Sage's house. Claire was in her room blaring music on her new speaker as she started to decorate and I watched with a soft smile on my face.

"Looks good." I breathed causing her to look over with a large grin.

"All thanks to you. Thank you for giving this a chance. I like Sage." Claire responded causing me to swallow hard as my mind immediately thought about last night.

"Yeah..I do too.."

"I see the way she looks at you. I don't think you have to worry this time. I think she really likes you. I saw the way she was holding you this morning when I came to wake you up. Someone who doesn't care wouldn't hold you like that."

"And how would you know that?" I giggled causing her to snicker as she rolled her eyes.

"Listen, I'm turning fifteen in a few weeks. I'm allowed to watch romance movies, okay!" I laughed at her response when an arm snaked around my waist causing me to swallow hard.

"What's all this giggling about?" Sage asked. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest as the warmth from her hand radiated against my waist.

"Nothing, just talking about movies." I breathed as I turned to look up at her. She smiled down at me before looking at Claire.

"Looks good, bud. I might just steal that bean bag from you, though." Sage grinned.

"Oh you wish!" Claire responded back causing Sage to chuckle before licking her lips as she looked down at me. I stared at her mouth for a second, my lip stuck between my teeth as I remembered how they felt against mine last night as she made me orgasm.

Shit.

"You okay?" She asked. I nodded before clearing my throat as I turned to look at Claire.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Chicken wings?" She asked.

"I can make them." Sage breathed causing me to look up at her in shock.

"What? You think that kitchen is just for decoration?" She chuckled, her cheeks turning slightly red as I smirked.

You're just perfect, aren't you?

See you next weekend, lovelies. 💛