24.

Smut warning..since yall begging so much.

Unedited

Sage:

You are so distracting. My God.. I thought as I watched Novalie practice her blood samples. She was so focused, her eyebrows pushed together in concentration as she placed her blood samples on the microscope slide. We were practicing finger pricks, Novalie doing her own since no one wanted to work with her.

She was doing perfectly fine by herself, her eyes meeting mine through her protective goggles. I shot her a smile and she smiled back, before continuing her work. It was four weeks into the semester, and God knows from day one I knew she would be an amazing nurse. I wasn't just saying that because I liked her, but even through the exhaustion she applied herself in every single lab.

"Okay, class. Time to wrap it up. Remember to submit your lab reports on blackboard." Everyone cleaned up their materials and left the classroom, leaving Novalie and I alone.

"How'd I do?" She asked as she walked up to me. I smirked and touched her chin causing her to grin.

"As amazing as ever. Come on, you have an exam to take."

We walked side by side to the lecture hall in a peaceful silence, her fingers grazing against mine slightly causing my heart to flutter in my chest. We reached the lecture hall and she sat at her desk as I walked to the front of the room and watched the room fill up with my students.

"Okay..today is your first exam. Turn off all phones. The only thing on your desk should be your calculators and pencils to fill out your booklets. You have the entire class time to finish your exams." I breathed as I passed them around.

"You may start your exams."

The flipping of pages opened and I patrolled the room as I watched my students start their exams. Novalie was breezing through, though it was expected. I continued to walk around when I saw a student on their phone that sat inside of their lab coat. I slowly walked over and pulled their test papers from his desk causing him to look up with alarmed eyes.

"Stand up, take your things and leave the room." I whispered causing him to scoff.

"But-"

"Nope. I said to turn them off. Go on. Redeem yourself next time. I'll see you next week."

He scoffed and stood up, grabbing his things and storming out of the classroom causing everyone to stare in confusion. I walked to my desk and wrote a large F on his exam paper as I shook my head.

Too many doctors and nurses that don't know what they're doing because they cheated through school. Not on my watch.

I continued to patrol the room, students handing in their test booklets and walking out of the room once they were done. There were a few students left in the room, including Novalie who was flipping through her exam booklet for the fifth time causing me to smirk.

Such a perfectionist.

"You all have five minutes left."

Some of them groaned causing Novalie to snicker under her breath. I walked over and bent over slightly causing her to look up at me with a smirk on her face.

"What's so funny? Hm?" I asked causing her to lick her lips as she shook her head.

"I've been finished since the first five minutes." She whispered. I shook my head and smiled as I snatched her exam booklet causing her to laugh before standing up.

"I'll be in the cafe."

"Mhm." I smirked, watching as she walked out before going to my desk and sitting down. I flipped through her exam booklet, smiling widely at all the hearts she drew next to her answers that were all correct.