13.

UNEDITED

Sage:

"You look nice. I thought you'd go for something different tonight." Novalie chuckled as she walked into the room. We were getting ready for the jazz club. I was in a backless halter cocktail dress that had a slit in the thigh. It was navy blue with sparkles on it and I had on matching open toed heels that exposed my white painted toes and toe ring.

"You don't like it? I've had this dress in hiding for a while now. Thought I'd finally wear it." I chuckled awkwardly. I felt as if I looked beautiful, my hair in a crown braid that was wrapped in a bun, and my makeup was smoky.

"I do like it. We just..look similar that's all."

"You've never had a problem with when I dress feminine. So what do you mean?" I asked as I crossed my arms. She scoffed and slipped on her black strapless dress before fluffing her hair.

"Don't make this isn't something that it's not, Sage. No one ever said it was a problem. I just..didn't expect us to dress similar."

"What is similar about this? I think I look great."

"You do look great. Better than me actually."

"So that's what this is about then. I look too feminine and it's throwing you off. I'll change-"

"Don't! Damn it, Sage! We go through this almost everytime we go out-"

"No. We go through this only when I dress feminine."

"Oh please. You're a woman, of course you'll dress feminine! Why would I be mad at that?" Novalie scoffed before glaring up at me. I sighed and leaned down to kiss her forehead but she pushed me away slightly.

"You just want to impress your new girlfriend. Or whatever they call themselves."

"Woah. Woah wait one fucking second. You are not about to make this into a problem when we just had oral sex with them, together. You initiated that. Not me."

"You wanted to!"

"So did you!"

"Okay then! So why are we fucking arguing?! Damn it. Can we please just go meet them? They're waiting." Novalie hissed before storming out. We've been tense all day, the car ride home being quiet. I wasn't sure what was going on, but now I knew it's because she really didn't want to do what we did last night.

It wasn't my fault. No one forced her to do it. I would never make her do anything she didn't want to do, but now fingers are being pointed at me. I was confused myself, the entire situation with Angel making the confusion worse. I was completely attracted to them, but I was devoted to Novalie.

Fuck.

The limo ride to the jazz club was tense, Novalie moving away from me and staying on her phone the entire ride. I sighed and stared out of the window when my phone chimed.

I looked down and saw it was a single rose from Angel and I furrowed my brows in confusion. My phone chimed again and looked down before looking at the side of the door and blushing harshly.

'The door frame. For you.

After the girls walked in, we didn't really speak after that moment in the kitchen. They kept staring at me but I ignored them, doing my best to pay attention to Novalie even though she was a bit standoffish.

Thank you, Angel. What is it for? I replied back before looking over at Novalie to see her still staring out of the window. I swallowed hard and looked away before looking down at my phone and biting my lip to keep from smiling.

For you, Kween. I have a feeling you look as beautiful as the flower does under the sunlight. Just let yourself bloom and I'll continue to collect the falling petals.

I blinked rapidly, taken aback by Angel's depth as I held back my smile. I wasn't too sure what they saw in me, but it made me feel warm.

Submissive in a feminine way. Something I don't usually let myself feel.

We reached the club and I walked over, grabbing Novalie's hand but she pushed me away causing me to nod in acceptance. I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't help how I felt and she's the one who opened the doors.

We walked inside and immediately spotted our friends, Amelia and Casey screaming in excitement as they ran over to us. Anita smiled sheepishly at me before walking over to Novalie and giving her a tight hug.

I felt eyes burning on my chest and I looked over to see Angel staring down at me with their lip stuck between their teeth. My dick twitched and I nearly fell to my knees as they walked over before smirking and leaning down to give me a hug.

"I was right, petal. You look ravishing." They whispered before pulling away and hugging Novalie.

"Hi Sage." Anita grinned before squeezing my hand and I nodded sheepishly before hugging Amelia and Casey.

"Finally! We're all back together." Brooke's voice filled our ears and I hugged my best friend and her partner.

"Oh so this is where you've been, you whore?!" Amelia asked Diana as she slapped her sisters shoulder. Diana shrugged before smirking and wrapping her arms around Brooke's waist.

"Let's get our drinks on."

The slow tune of Miles Davis' Blue in Green filled the room as we all danced with our partners. Novalie and I swayed back and forth as our friends did. My chin rested on her shoulder as we danced, my arms wrapped around her waist. I felt eyes burning on the side of my face and I looked over to see Angel staring at me as they danced with Anita. Their arms were holding her tightly to their body. Their eyes burned into mine and I swallowed hard before pulling away from Novalie.

"I have to use the bathroom."

"You okay?" She asked. I could see the aggravation in her eyes so I didn't bother being honest, instead nodding as I held back the tears in my eyes before walking to the back of the club. There was a small sitting area next to a pond, the fountain filling my ears causing me to exhale as I immediately calmed down.

"Medusa.." Their voice was smooth to the point where it didn't startle me, but instead calmed me even more which made me sad. It should be my fiancée calming me down, but instead she's giving me the cold shoulder because of the same person I couldn't seem to get enough of.

"What? Oh my tattoo. Yeah.."

Angel walked over and sat down next to me before grabbing my hand. I let them, staring down at the pond as the tears welled in my eyes. I felt so confused and flustered. I felt as if I constantly ruined everything good in my life and that I wasn't deserving.

But as their thumb caressed the back of my hand, I suddenly felt calm. The feel of their lips touching my cheek caused sparks in the pit of my stomach and my eyes fluttered closed as a stray tear rolled down my face.

"I'm so confused, Angel." I whispered. I never felt so confused in my life. I wanted nothing more than for my mom to come and tell me that it's all going to be okay. That her killer didn't fully take away the person I truly was the day he violated me.

But for some reason I couldn't tell myself that.

"Because, my sweet Medusa. Whoever hurt you turned the real you into stone. You've been freezing yourself for others quite too long, sweet girl. I saw it in your eyes."

"B-but-"

"Sh. Sh. You deserve to be loved the way you truly need it, not how others want you to be. You deserve to be touched..." As they spoke, their fingertips grazed the column of my neck causing me to break into chills as I moaned softly.

"...the way that you desire. Just let go...be who you are."

My eyes fluttered open as the tears streamed down my face and I looked at their lips with pleading eyes before leaning in. They left the most gentle peck against my lips and I melted into their touch.

"I fucking knew it!"