50.

This is officially the second to last chapter before the epilogue. I feel like I've ran through all of the possibilities to drag this book longer than originally intended lol. Thank you guys for the endless support! There'll definitely be a sequel in collab w the CEO and the NEIGHBOR.

UNEDITED

Novalie:

"Okay, we are at the fifteen week mark. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as she ran the camera across my protruding stomach. It's been a few months since I found out I was pregnant with Sage's baby and we were both so happy. We've been doing nothing but focusing on the baby and our relationship. She's such a caring partner that I couldn't help but wonder what special ingredients God made her out of.

Every Monday after class, she takes me for lunch and a mani-pedi, and then brings me home and massages every part of my body, which eventually ends with her on top of me and inside of me. The days I don't have class, she'd come home for lunch with food for us to eat which always ends in a quickie with me bent over the table before she goes back to work.

And every night, she rubs my growing stomach while we talk about our day and do mental health check ins with each other. It's been amazing and I was so grateful for her, and I couldn't wait to meet our little one. I was almost five months, which means we can learn the gender soon. We're both betting on a boy, but Brooke keeps saying it's a girl.

My pussy senses are tingling..it's definitely a girl.

We were now at my four month check up, Sage holding my hand as we looked at the camera where our baby moved around on my stomach. The doctor smiled as she continued to observe the camera, her grin growing wider and wider.

"Baby seems good. Has your nausea kicked in yet?"

"No. No nausea at all."

"You're one of the lucky moms. You would've probably knew sooner if you had morning sickness."

"I told her that too." Sage chuckled causing me to roll my eyes playfully. The OB handed us the ultrasound pictures and Sage wiped my stomach before helping me stand from the bed. I pulled up my pants and sighed before looking up at her with a smile.

"Food?"

"Of course."

"We're really eating burgers for the fifth time this week. It's only Thursday." Sage chuckled causing me to giggle as I walked through the door of the diner after thanking her for opening it for me. We were at the diner that we came to on her birthday where we shared a dance together. I've been thinking about their milkshakes for a while now, and finally caved in.

"Ugh I know. This baby has your appetite."

"Mhm. The ring camera shows that your package is there. You think it's your graduation dress?" Sage asked as we sat down at a random booth. I sighed and shrugged, graduation being a few weeks away. I was so excited to walk across the stage. Despite all of the obstacles, I still managed to obtain my degree and I was proud of myself.

"I hope so. Even if it still fits. I've gained weight within the last two months. Second and third trimester is when the baby grows the largest."

"Good thing you're a nurse, hm. You can track yourself, Miss Pediatrics." I chuckled and threw my straw at her when the voice I haven't heard in the last couple of months filled my ears, causing both of us to look up abruptly.

"What can I get for you...Novalie?" Claire asked as she looked between both Sage and I. Her eyes fell on my stomach and out of instinct I placed a hand on my bump as I swallowed hard. She knew the baby was Sage's because when we first moved in, she walked in on Sage peeing while standing up which caused us to have a long talk about sexual ambiguity. She was in a waitress uniform similar to everyone else's and it made me wonder.

"Claire." I stated curtly before pressing my lips together. The silence was tense as we continued to stare at each other and she looked away with red rimmed eyes.

"U-um congratulations."

"Thank you."

"I just want to say I'm sorry-"

"Claire. She left you on your own, didn't she?" I asked as I balled my hands in anger. She let out a shaky sigh before looking up at me with eyes full of sorrow causing me to look at Sage who stared back with concerned eyes.

"It was my fault though. For everything, really. I'm so sorry for what I put you through, Novalie. I really am. It's only been a few months so I know the wound is still sensitive, but I really am sorry. I don't know what I was thinking, I think I was just blinded by the fact that she came back and I couldn't help myself."

"Thanks for the apology, Claire. I've forgiven you a little while back, but I'm not forgetting. You did it more than once. I'm not sure what happened between you both, but honestly it's none of my business anymore."

"I understand."

"Are you homeless?" I asked her. She shook her head and I nodded as I looked away while swallowing the ball that formed in my throat.

"That's all that matters. You're a smart girl, I'm sure you can handle yourself."

"She said the same thing. Said that you raised me well enough to understand what to do." Claire responded back causing me to chuckle humorlessly as I shook my head, the baby kicking my hand lightly.

"Where'd she go now?"

"She's still here. I-um...she went on a business trip and left me her credit card. She told me the limit, but I went ahead and went way passed it. When she came back, she said I can live with her until I'm eighteen. To pay her back and leave once I have enough to get my own place. She said some other hurtful stuff..my dad tried to help but she didn't let him. She also said-"

"Don't tell me what she said. I'm not going to sit here and throw you a pity party. I know how she is when she's angry, she's where I get it from. But understand that you made your bed. Now lay in it. You constantly take advantage of people who do nothing but try to help you, so you dig yourself out of this one. I'm glad to know you're alive, but that's all I really care for. You take care of yourself. Come on, Sage. We can go somewhere else."