25.

Okay guys the book is about to come to an end. Here's a little bit of drama before we go. I really want comments pls or ima start taking away stuff again LMAOOO just kidding. But fr pls I love all the support y'all give me it's very awesome to see I impact a lot of your lives through my writing. Thank you.

UNEDITED

Novalie:

"I just..I don't think we should break up. I enjoy you and your presence and I always have. Something just..changed-"

"I know it was me. I changed." Sage responded. We've been talking for a while now, both of us getting everything off of our chest. I was happy that we could talk because I wanted nothing more than to work things out.

I wasn't too sure what I was doing with Anita. It felt different and it felt good, but I didn't want to hurt Sage just because of my desires. I wasn't too sure Anita would be willing to drop her marriage for me either, and in a way it made me feel a little bit better. She never pressured me to speak about things, instead embracing our time together and I liked every minute of it.

But I knew I had someone, and that someone has been there for me time and time again. Sage was my first, and she's been through thick and thin with me. She helped me raise Claire for a short time, before completely showering me with love.

That entire time I didn't know Sage was suffering inside. All the times she told me allergies was her covering up panic attacks, especially when my mother came back around. Then with her sexuality, she was also suffering because she wasn't getting what she wanted.

"I didn't want to scare you away. I never did. I genuinely love and care for you Novalie. My attraction to you is real. I just..what I've been trying to push away for the longest time finally caught up to me and I completely destroyed us-"

"No you didn't-"

"No. I did. I completely destroyed us because I refused to talk about how I felt. Instead I pretended to be someone that I wasn't, and I started to believe my own lies until it blew up in my damn face. I'm so sorry, Novalie."

"We moved fast. Now that I think about it...we moved fast. Faster than fast. You told me you don't date and I don't either which probably doesn't help because we don't know what we like and don't like. I'm kind of glad that we're discovering it together. I rather us have done that than..completely stepped out behind each other's backs." I responded back. Sage nodded in agreement with a soft smile and I grabbed her hand.

"You'll always be my best friend, and we can work this out Sage. Just tell me what you think we should do together because I think we've done enough by ourselves. You can barely sit." I chuckled causing her to blush as she laughed before sighing. She had a glow to her that I've never seen before and in a way it made me happy. Her aura was completely different, and it was as if a weight was lifted off of her shoulders completely. Her skin looked brighter, her smile was more softer and feminine. She just radiated feminine energy and it was as if she finally stepped into her true self.

"You are so beautiful." I stated suddenly, causing her to blush as she looked at me with wide eyes. My tone was different and she blinked rapidly as her eyes filled with tears that she tried to hide. 

"So are you. I um...I wanted to try something. Is that okay?" Sage asked as she suddenly stood up. She was in a black bra and panties that seemed to hold her really well.

Angel must've told her about those. She looks great.

"Yeah sure. Just..no pegging-"

"Novalie! I'm never going to live this down am I?"

"Absolutely not. Now what are we doing, sis?" I chuckled causing her to grin as she opened the drawer next to our bed and grabbed a pair of scissors. I quirked a brow before gasping as she pulled her hair up into a bun halfway.

"Give me a hair cut."

"Oh my God you look so good. You look so fucking good!" I squealed as I cut her last loc, the tears streaming down both of our faces. As soon as I cut the first one she started sobbing, as if she was cutting away a part of her life that she was ready to let go of. It caused me to cry, both of us hugging as we sobbed in each other's arms.

"I have to wash it. It is kind of nice. Thank you." Sage grinned. Her hair was short and curly, but it fit her face perfectly. She handed me a box of deep conditioner and I scoffed because it was mine.

"Sorry." She giggled causing me to laugh. This vibe felt good. It felt different, but natural. It felt as if we've been best friends for a long time. It felt more genuine than our entire relationship and it made me wonder if maybe she was my soul sister and not my soul mate this entire time.

However I didn't want to jump to conclusions, just allowing the vibe to be as it was. I massaged her scalp, her eyes fluttering closed as my fingers dug into her scalp with the peppermint conditioner.

"Okay lady, don't get into the shower yet. You wash all of that out in about two hours, and then shampoo, and then condition again. And then you're gonna use some leave in and some oil to define those curls. Your hair color is so pretty."

"It's copper. I get it from my mom. Hers was a little lighter though, closer to red. It was so pretty on her."

"And it's pretty on you. I'm sure she's so proud of you Sage."

"I hope so. Have you heard from Brooke?" Sage asked. I shook my head and she sighed. She grabbed her phone and dialed her number, it ringing twice before going to voicemail.

"She keeps forwarding me and leaving all my texts on read."

"Same here. Did something happen?"

"Um..kind of. But I texted her and apologized but she never responded-oh wait. She just texted me, hold on."

I watched as Sage read the message, her smile slowly faltering and turning into a snarl as the tears welled in her eyes. I grabbed her phone and read the message, gasping before balling my fists.

Please stop calling me. It's clear I don't want to talk to you or Novalie. Not only did you let your toy threaten us, but some bullshit apology isn't gonna cut it. I'm tired of the drama. All of you need to grow up. Don't call me until your balls drop. - B.