45.

Alright. Vacation is OVER. Drama time. Book is soon coming to an end. I want comments yall are so quiet smh. I stay giving y'all smut so wassup?🤨

Unedited

The storm is here.

Sage;

"This was such a nice night. I can't believe we leave tomorrow. I wish we could stay here forever." Novalie sighed as she exhaled smoke. We've been sitting on the beach for a few minutes now. After drinking even more and bending her over the boat railing, we finally decided to call it a night and walked across the beach until we reached our villa. We smoked the first joint, Novalie laughing at my face turning red from coughing so hard.

We were now enjoying the second one, and I couldn't lie. I felt so relaxed, but I was also sad that it was coming to an end. I just wanted to be able to do this everyday for the rest of our lives. She deserves it and so do I. My entire time here, I haven't had one nightmare or panic attack. Everytime I felt one coming, I would tell Novalie I'm going to the bathroom and cry until I calmed down.

I felt bad for hiding it from her, but ever since her mom came around it reminded me of my mom and the reality that she's never going to come back. She's not going to ring my doorbell and look me in my eye because I was the one who found her dead.

But I couldn't tell Novalie that. So instead I'd suffer in silence, and everytime she'd ask me if I was okay I'd just tell her it was allergies since spring was around the corner. I didn't even tell Brooke. She's such a loud mouth and I'd know out of the goodness of her heart she'd tell Novalie. She loved us together and was so happy that I was with someone after so long.

So I just kept it to myself. I had to for the sake of us. I was growing more and more in love with her and I couldn't risk losing that.

"Same here." I sighed, shaking my head as she handed me the joint. I stared at the waves that washed toward our feet before pulling back into the water. It made me smile because it reminded me of a story my mom used to tell me when I was younger.

"My mom used to tell me this story about when she was growing up in the Caribbean."

"What was it?" Novalie asked softly. I looked over at her and saw her eyes were red and low as she looked up at me with wonder. I smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder before sighing.

"When she was younger, she lived in Trinidad with her parents before they died. She was always told not to go to the beaches or walk alone at night because there'd be witches. So she decided to test the theory, going to the beach on her own one night because she wanted some air."

"Oh Gosh, what happened?" Novalie whispered in awe and I smiled as I stared at her face that was full of innocence.

"She lost the diamond ring her mom gave her that night. But she couldn't tell anyone she went to the beach so she went looking by herself when everyone was asleep. Then she heard singing. She said it was like an Angel from heaven. She didn't see anyone so she walked toward the water and that's when she saw her ring. But as she was going to pick it up, that's when she saw the beading red eyes staring at her through the water."

"Holy shit. Was it like a siren? I've heard of those." Novalie whispered while covering her mouth. I nodded and smirked, watching as she looked at the water with worried red eyes.

"We should go inside." I laughed at her words as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Aw did I scare you? Poor baby. Don't worry, they wont get you." Novalie groaned in my chest and I laughed harder before kissing her forehead and standing up.

"Come on. We have an early flight in the morning."

"I just KNOW I'll have my niece or nephew in nine months. Look at you!" Brooke squealed as she wrapped her arms around both Novalie and I. I rolled my eyes and pulled away from her and she smirked between us both causing Novalie to giggle.

"You guys had fun, huh? It's all over you. All fucked out. Novalie is on cloud nine right now." Novalie laughed at Brooke's words before pushing her shoulder and looking around, her smile faltering slightly.

"Where's Claire?" She asked causing me to look at Brooke who's smile also faltered. She sighed and pinched her nose causing me to clench my fists in nervousness as she started to speak.

"She's definitely going through some sort of rebellion. She hasn't been here all week. She told me she was at that woman's house, so I left it alone. But..when I went into her room the other night after she left to go to her mothers house again, it smelt like-"

"Don't say it. Don't." Novalie hissed before dropping her suitcase on the ground and grabbing her phone.

"Weed?" I mouthed to Brooke when Novalie turned around and Brooke nodded causing me to swallow hard as I shook my head. I could tell the stress was back and it was what I feared the most.

"She's not answering her phone. I'm going to call Victoria." Novalie responded.

"How about you sit down for a second, okay?" I breathed as I grabbed her hands, but she pulled away and shook her head.

"If she's smoking weed, it's definitely because of someone over there. Matter of fact, I'll be back-"

"Novalie! No, no. Come. Come here." I breathed as she started to walk toward the door. She huffed and looked over at me with annoyed eyes. But it slowly slipped away as she looked at my face before nodding with a groan.

"Okay. Fuck..I'll just call Victoria and ask her if she's there. I'll lecture her about the weed later. I just want to make sure she's actually there." Novalie breathed as she dialed her moms number. I watched as the mixed emotions flashed over her face and I swallowed hard.

"Victoria it's Novalie. Is Claire there?" Novalie asked. I watched as the relief washed over her face and she nodded at what the woman was saying, but then her face dropped slightly.

"What do you mean she moved in? W-what are you talking about?"

My heart dropped in my stomach as Novalie's face twisted in hurt and anger as the woman continued to talk on the phone. Novalie let out a scoff before looking at Brooke who had a confused look on her face.

"She didn't say anything like that to me. I don't know what she's talking about." Brooke whispered harshly with wide eyes. Novalie nodded and put a finger up in the air to silence her, laughing at what Victoria said on the phone.

"You do realize she's sixteen right? And that I have custody of her? She's not emancipated. She can't just decide she wants to live somewhere." Novalie hissed into the phone. I stepped forward but she shook her head, shooting me a look of aggravation causing me to swallow hard.

"You what? You've been in her life for two weeks. What are you talking about?"

Novalie scoffed into the phone before walking over to the pile of mail that sat on the living room table. She flipped through it and pulled out a large envelope and scoffed before laughing into the phone as the tears started to stream down her face.

"Okay, you want to take a sixteen year olds word over mine? You got it, Victoria. No worries." Novalie slammed her phone down on the table so hard that the screen audibly cracked. She ripped open the large envelope and laughed as she looked at both Brooke and I with tears streaming down her face.

"She told Victoria that I abused her before we went on vacation. She's filing for sole custody."