31.

Okay now the cats out of the bag. I didn't give Anita a background story in The Neighbor because I wanted to use her for this reason. Personality disorders are NO joke, and I used this opportunity to make light because you guys said she wasn't acting the same. That's exactly why.

People with personality disorders are easy to adapt to the energies around them. They're able to mirror the people around them as well as their desires. But then it gets overwhelming because of the feelings that they can't put into words..their own. You guys always know I make light of real life situations in my books and I want everyone who has been through it to know they are not alone no matter WHICH character you resonate with. This is a judgement free zone. Always remember there's a reason for me writing certain things.

That's why I say stop judging so hard before you finish. I'm the plot twist queen, remember ?

This book is soon coming to an end. We got to see the personalities of the characters outside of their issues and my personal favorite is Sage. I suffer with body and gender dysmorphia and it is no joke to never feel comfortable with yourself no matter how you're presenting because of TRAUMA.

Here we go. I said a happy ending remember ? Just trust me, baby. - A.

UNEDITED

Sage:

"They're still asleep." Novalie whispered as she sat down on the couch next to me. It was quiet in the house, both of us just waking up after having a long night.

"Have you heard from Angel or Bella?" Novalie asked. I shook my head while staring down at my phone with sad eyes. We were both completely destroyed when we got home, both of us crying as we held each other until we fell asleep with the kids next to us.

"I think we should go check on them."

"I don't think bringing the kids are a good idea. We aren't sure what's going on yet and I'm sure Angel asked us to take Adrien for a reason." I responded back. Novalie nodded slightly as she bit her lip, before sighing.

"I know you want to go check on them..so I'll stay here with the kids." Novalie breathed quietly. I furrowed my brows, unsure if she was okay with it or not. I did want to go check on Angel, but at the same time I have to learn to consider Novalie's feelings about that.

Clearly I wasn't concealing my concern too well.

"Are you sure? You really don't have to do that for me, Novalie."

"Oh please. After all we have done, not to mention what we just collectively went through together? I know you care for them. I do too, but you are closer than I am. Besides, I don't think me being there would help Anita at all. She was upset at me.." Novalie's voice cracked slightly and I wrapped my arms around her.

"What happened is not your fault. She's been sick for a while. They lost their son and she hasn't been the same."

"I didn't know that." Novalie sighed as she pulled back from me. She wiped her face and I nodded as I rubbed her back.

"Yeah..Angel told me. It's not your fault, okay? I think we all should just take a moment to decompress. I'll go check on Angel and text you what's going on, but take a minute for yourself." I breathed. Novalie nodded and shot me a small smile. I leaned down and kissed her cheek softly before grabbing my keys and walking to the door.

"Damn, you have some ass Sage." Novalie suddenly stated causing me to turn around and look at her as if she was crazy.

"What?"

"I don't know if it's the pounding you got or what, but your ass is...is sitting in those pants." Novalie chuckled causing me to blush harder as I shook my head.

"You're insane. I'll be back and I'll bring pizza."

"Ice cream too?"

"Duh."

I walked into the mental health unit, the flowers and warm soup in my shaky hands as I walked toward the visiting area.

"Hi, I'm here for Anita Martinez."

"Visitor?"

"Yes..sister." I lied just in case they had a family only policy. I always thought that was stupid, but then again people are crazy enough to come and try anything in an emergency public setting. But if we can lie so easily, doesn't it just defeat the purpose?

"Room 410 on the left hand side."

"Thank you." I walked toward the room and saw that Anita was asleep, Angel sitting next to the bed with Bella who was also asleep on their lap. Angel was staring into space, their eyes puffy and their nose red. Their face was hard, but their eyes were full of an emotion so heavy that it made my stomach turn.

"Angel.." I quietly spoke so I didn't wake the two women up, Angel looking over quickly, their eyes running across my face before looking away. They shook their head and sighed before holding their hand out to me and I walked over and grabbed it.

"Had a long night. A lot was said, but they're asleep now." They breathed.

"Did you?" I asked as I placed the flowers down along with the soup before slowly touching their cheek. I wiped the stray tear that fell from their eye as they nuzzled their face into the palm of my hand with their eyes closed.

"No. Just in case.."

"Yeah. It's okay, I understand." I responded back. I moved my hand from their face and watched the disappointment flash across it just as fast as it went away. I knew they needed someone to console them right now.

"I- I got you some soup, and flowers." I smiled sadly.

"The flowers are for me?" Angel asked in utter surprise. I nodded, watching as their cheeks turned slightly red causing me to nearly gasp in shock. I watched them bite their lip as their chin trembled slightly.

"Thank you. No one's ever bought me flowers before. They're beautiful."

"I felt like you needed some..light right now. You're usually the one to give it to others." I whispered the last part but I knew they heard me. They stared at me for a second and I smiled before sighing.

"Come on. Go take a shower and eat, okay? I'll sit here with them."

"Are you sure?" Angel asked. I nodded and they stood up, placing Bella on the bed as if she was as light as a feather before walking over to me. I stared up at their uneasy eyes, before slowly wrapping my arms around them, laying my head on their shoulder.

"It's okay to not be okay, honey. I got you. Go get some rest. I'll be here when you get back."

Angels body suddenly started to tremble, their tears seeping through my shirt as they silently cried into my neck. They didn't have to sob because I felt it with every breath they took, the pain laced with every small sound that came out of their mouth as they held me for dear life.

It made my own tears fall, both of us just standing there holding each other as we cried. Their small cries started to get louder and turned into muffled wails as they sobbed into my shoulder.

"I know, sweetie. Let it out.. it's okay to let it out."

"I-I-I'm s-sorry-"

"No, don't apologize. Don't." I sobbed back. I knew this went deeper than the situation at this point, Angel's hoarse cries breaking my heart. I saw Bella look up with sleepy eyes, her face filled with worry but I shook my head slightly causing her to nod.

Angels shuddered breaths and hiccups slowed down, their body limp against mine from what I could believe was utter exhaustion. Their breathing slowed as I held the back of their neck, shushing and consoling them as my hand ran up and down to calm them.

"Let's go get some rest, okay? Let's get you home."