34.

THIS ISNT THE END YET! A FEW CHAPTERS

A few months later..

UNEDITED

Sage:

"Okay class, you're all dismissed. Please make sure to read through the syllabus and understand that you need to have all the required materials by next class. We are already two weeks in and I see many of you aren't prepared." I watched as my students walked out of the classroom, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I removed my lab coat and sat down at my desk.

I'm ordering Thai. Same thing? - Novie 🤞🏽

Yes please. Thanks boo. I'll see you when I get home- Sent.

The last few months had its up and downs, but it was all for the better. I haven't heard from Angel since I asked for a break and I honestly believe it's for the best. Novalie and I have grown stronger, deciding to live together and continue as partners in an open relationship. We don't kiss or have sex, but we definitely tell each other everything and do almost everything together.

Anita has been getting better everyday. We visit her at least once a month at the facility she's staying in. She cut all her hair off and looked so much happier. They diagnosed her with borderline personality disorder. It was rough at first, Anita stopping her medications and falling into a deep depression the first month in the hospital.

I threw my scarf over my shoulders and smoothed down my dress before walking out of the classroom and shutting the door. I wanted a fresh start, teaching at a new school downtown. I dressed as feminine as I wanted and not one person judged me, and it felt good.

My heels clicked down the parking lot as I walked to my car and slipped inside when a piece of paper fell from the inside of the door and onto my shoe. I picked it up and saw the nice handwriting and squinted slightly at the address.

A jazz club..

I immediately knew who it was from and felt conflicted, looking around to make sure they weren't watching me. In a way I was kind of annoyed. I know I said I wanted space, but I still put in the effort to check on them but they always ignored my calls and texts.

"Hello?" Novalie chirped.

"Hey, I'm going to be a little bit late home. You okay with that?" I asked, hearing Ariel singing loudly in the background.

"Yeah. Bella is here, so we're good. Wear Condoms. Love you."

"Oh shut up. Love you too. Kiss Bella for me." Bella and Novalie have been hanging out a lot more after Anita was hospitalized. They grew close and it scared me because of how alike they were. It was like living with evil twins and it was full of loud laughter and silly pranks. Bella would try to kiss Novalie from time to time and Novalie allowed it until she started dating Samantha.

Samantha was a huge butch woman that she met at work. She was in the hospital for a deep cut on her eyebrow, Novalie describing it as love at first sight. She was an MMA fighter who got cut while defending a woman who was getting robbed at the park. She had muscles bigger than my legs combined and it intimidated me.

Until I learned she was a huge softie. For Novalie, at least. Although they've been dating for a few months, Samantha treated Novalie like an absolute princess and respected every single boundary that she had. They still haven't slept together, but the woman showers Novalie in presents and flowers nearly everyday of the week.

Can we talk? - B.

I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the passengers seat. Brooke has been trying to talk to me for months and I refused. I don't care how sorry she thought she was, she was out of line for what she said about Novalie and I. She didn't even bother hearing what we had to say and what was truly going on, and now that things are good I don't need her wheezing her way over here to remind us of what we have worked passed. I refuse to be friends with someone who picks and chooses when to be supportive despite how they feel about the choices being made.