30.

Unedited

Third point of view:

"She's on a forty-eight hour psych hold. She's not in good shape at all, from what she told the psychiatrists. I'm sorry that this happened, but I think its best to go speak to your wife." The doctor stated lowly to Angel in the hallway. It's been hours, Novalie and Sage taking a sleeping Adrien and Ariel back to their home.

Angel was a mess. They felt as if they were at fault. Their fighting went too far and tipped Anita over. Angel didn't know it was this bad, thinking back to when Anita was in the hospital. She never once opened up to Angel, just staring blankly for every visit to the point where Angel couldn't bring Adrien anymore because they didn't her to see her mom like that.

"We found a bunch of drugs in her system. Coke, pills. She admitted to doing the bruising herself by hitting her face on the wall until she was bleeding. I think your wife needs real psychiatric assistance. It seems like she may have a post-partum personality disorder. It's rare but..it happens especially after the loss of a child."

"Thank you. I'll go speak to her." Angel whispered before opening the door and shutting it. Anita was staring into space, the room quiet except for the beeping of the heart monitor. Her eyes were dark and numb and it scared Angel. They've never seen her look so..dead. Even in the hospital she didn't look like this.

"Anita..come on, baby. I need you to talk to me." Angel sniffed as they sat down next to the bed. Anita just continued to stare blankly, not even acknowledging Angels presence.

"You have so many people that care about you. Including me. Through all the fighting, I love you more than anything in this world. But you need help and it's time for you to speak." Angel breathed. Anita let out a sudden laugh that caused Angel to jump violently from being startled. She laughed again before looking over at Angel.

"Oh, my Angel. You just don't see it, do you? I'm sick. I've always been sick. That's why you've never met my parents because they disowned me after finding out I'm the one who skinned our cat. I did it because I was angry. I was eighteen. Then I met Monty and thought I'd get better, right? Nope. It got worse. He couldn't satisfy me, and it made him angry. Yes I cheated first, but that was after I found out that he didn't even care about me. He used me as a fuck toy, ang. A fuck toy. Not one orgasm. Not one kiss unless it was forced. You don't think that makes shit worse for someone so..broken like me? Huh?

Then I met you. I met you at the peak of my loneliness. I drank it away every night after the divorce but after I met you? You became my next addiction. No amount of drinking or journal could've drowned you from my thoughts. You think I don't love you? Oh I do..I love everything about you Angel. Even the hard parts. They make me love you the most because I know I'm not the only one with bones in their closet. Except mine are ghosts that whisper in my ear every single night telling me how rotten I'll forever be. How I'm undeserving of my child. Adrien was a blessing because YOU deserved her. Not me. That's why I left. The police found me in a hotel room half dead. That's how I ended up in the hospital. It's not about you and Sage. Shit...if you want to be with her I'm more than happy to let you because that's means it'll be my chance to let everyone be happy while I go and see my son on the other side-"

"Anita-"

"No Angel! I don't want to be here! I never did and now you know the truth. How can you sit here and be with someone like me? I'm disgusting! I'm capable of nothing but fucking people until they get tired of me!" She screamed as she sat up. Her eyes were rage filled and it scared Angel. They weren't sure what to say or do in order to calm their wife down.

They felt useless.

"Anita, please..we love you. All of us do. Novalie is a mess because she blames herself for not stopping you quick enough. We are SCARED, Anita! None of us know what we're doing. We are all battling something, but baby I am begging you. Not for me, not for Adrien but for YOURSELF. Please please heal for us. I'm so sorry for everything I said and haven't said. But I don't ever want to see you like this. I wouldn't let you suffer but you have to talk to me."

"I don't want to talk! I never did because there's nothing to say. I killed a man, and my baby was taken away for that exact reason-"

"Don't say that!" Angel argued as they stood up so fast the chair flew back. They were glaring at each other, Angel panting with anger at the mention of their deceased child. They remembered the cries they both let out, but the scream of sorrow that left Anita's mouth was something Angel could never forget.

"That's not what happened! Don't you ever say that our child was taken because of karma!"

"Angel! Angel, sh sh.." They heard Bella's voice as a hand wrapped around their waist.

"We can hear you arguing from the waiting room. Now isn't the time for this, okay? Nene, how are you feeling babe?" Bella asked as she walked over and laid down next to her friend. Anita just shook her head, her eyes filled with tears as she stared at Angel who just stared back with just as much sadness.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry. I just-"

"Sh. Sh. Just don't say anymore, okay? I don't care how much we fight, I'm not going anywhere." Angel breathed as they laid on the other side of Anita. Anita was stuck in the middle of her two people and she suddenly felt warm, but then the hollowness took over again and the voices started.

You don't deserve them. Leave and never come back.