5.

Novalie:

"Nova.."

"Nova, wake up."

"Novie.."

I groaned and twisted around before covering my head with my pillow when my body started to shake again. I sighed and sat up, my eyes still closed as I felt around for Claire and touched her face.

"What is it? I have work in a few hours."

"It's not a few hours. Your alarm has been going off for thirty minutes-"

"Oh shit." I hissed, my eyes flying open as I got out of the bed and ran into the bathroom, immediately hopping into the shower. I was beyond exhausted, working back to back the last couple of nights so I could pay rent and buy Claire's cheer uniform. Tonight was my last night of work for the week, giving me a break until Sunday night.

I was going to try and ask my manager to move my hours around. I was tired of falling asleep in class. I know Professor Madden was probably tired of waking me up and quite frankly, I was tired of it too.

I was so embarrassed every single time. I never remember falling asleep, but seeing the pity on her face just makes me feel shameful. I wanted to succeed in her class. It was the only class I needed to graduate. If I failed it would be on me and me only.

I couldn't let that happen. Not after all the work I've put into my life to get it back on track.

I quickly showered and got dressed in my sweats and sweater, deciding to do my makeup when I got to work. I kissed Claire goodbye and handed her a fifty before running out of the house and slipping into my Uber.

I ran into the club, slipping into the locker room and sitting at my vanity, immediately starting on my makeup when my boss walked in. He slapped a few of the dancers asses causing me to cringe slightly.

"Nova, you can't be late. You know this."

"I know. I've been meaning to talk to you." I responded back as I continued to do my eyeliner.

"What's up, cutie pie?" He asked. I looked at the old sweaty man with a fake smile as his eyes roamed my body and face causing me to swallow hard.

"I need to switch my Sunday nights-"

"Now you know that can't happen."

"Please. Please I need to switch it." I begged causing him to swallow hard.

"You bring in the most tips on sundays. You can't possibly need me to switch you out that bad. Sorry Nova."

I felt the ball rise in my throat and I swallowed it down as I ignored the snickering from the other dancers. I finished my makeup as I reminded myself that this isn't forever. That I'll make it.

I've gotten this far. Right?

I'll just make sure to take a five hour energy before going to class on Monday morning. It was only for a few hours. Claire Uber's to school so I don't have to worry about her in the morning. She has all of my card information and the allowance I give her so she can get lunch.

I just have to make sure I get up on time for school. Instead of taking the train, I can Uber to class so I have some more rest time in the morning. Which means I have to make more money in order to afford that. School was a thirty minute drive away, and an hour train ride away.

Fuck.

I pushed my thoughts to the side as I slipped on my wig. I put on my costume for the night, it being a blood red leather bound lingerie set and matching heels. I grabbed my money bag and walked to the stage as I waited to be introduced.