33.

This book will be coming to an end. Based on this book, I can tell who is open minded and who isn't. Therefore I WILL be choosing who ends up together. Because all my stories will not have the same plot and you guys need to understand that. It's not all gonna be the same thing where everyone is in a poly relationship together and happily ever after. This is supposed to represent real life and not fantasy.

UNEDITED

Novalie:

"Amelia, I'll call you back okay? Sage just walked into the house." I breathed into the phone before hanging up. Amelia called me because Brooke told her what happened between all of us and how Anita was in the hospital. I wasn't sure how Brooke found out considering she wanted nothing to do with us anymore.

But it wasn't my concern. Sage was, and the broken look on her face made my heart thump rapidly in my chest as she walked over to the couch and slumped down next to me.

"Sage? What happened?" I asked quietly. She just stared down at the ground, her chin trembling as she tried to hold it together as the tears streamed down her face.

"Nothing." She whispered back.

"Don't lie to me. You look like you just got your heart broken-oh..what happened baby?" I asked her. She sniffed and looked up at me before shaking her head.

"How can you just be so accepting after all the arguments and pain we put each other through? I ruined our relationship because I caught feelings for someone else, and now I told them that we should just take a break from everything and they cried for me, Novalie. Angel cried for me like a child-"

"Now why would you do that?!" I hissed, causing her to be taken aback.

"What do you mean why would I do that? Novalie, look at the mess that's been made! Someone got hurt! We all did!"

"But you grew so beautifully out of it. You blossomed. You don't even look like the same Sage I met in that classroom! Do you think I didn't mean what I said yesterday when I said I'm here to support you? I didn't understand before and yes I was hurt because of my lack of understanding, but Jesus Sage. You think I'm going to continue to let you be miserable because of my feelings? As if I didn't have my own affair in the midst of this?" I hissed. She stared at me with broken eyes and I sighed before leaning in and kissing her lips softly.

"See? It doesn't even feel the same. It feels like I'm kissing my best friend. Not my fiancée. You know why? Because I've accepted the fact that this may just not be for us. We may just be better off as co-parents and friends. Sage..you were my first everything. Of course I'm going to hold onto us for as long as I can. But I refuse to see you as broken as you were when we argued. When I refused to listen because of my own disappointment and anger."

"I still think the break between Angel and I is needed. I think I just need time to think things through."

"And that's okay. I'm here, girl. You have done so much for me and I refuse to continue leaving you on your own to deal with these things. You know me better than anyone else. I do have some questions though." I sighed as I twisted around, grabbing her foot and massaging it.

"I know I asked you if you were straight yesterday. I did some research and realized that I wasn't as educated on sexuality as I thought, and I wanted to apologize for the statement I made that night we broke up. I called Angel an it, and I saw how hurt you were because of it. I was angry and let my emotions get in the way of my respect for both of you."

"Thank you for that. Seriously."

"I know we agreed we can't be together anymore but..what if we did? Like..what if we were together but open?"