Epilogue:

UNEDITED

Three years later:

Sage:

"Im home.." I heard Angel's voice from downstairs and all three of us ran down to greet my partner.

"How was it?" I asked after kissing their lips. Adrien and Ariel pulled on their jacket causing Angel to chuckle and take it off. It was my week with Ariel, Novalie and Samantha both at their wedding planner's house. They were finally getting married after being together for four and a half years. Novalie meant it when she said she was taking it slow, Samantha proposing so many times until Novalie finally felt ready to say yes.

After that night at the club and saving Brooke, we all went on with our lives. Anita and Havana eloped after a year of being together, moving to San Diego after Anita landed an acting gig for a commercial. We didn't even know she had it in her to be an actress, Angel laughing every single time we watch her commercials and movies. She grew to become a huge Hollywood star, modeling for many plus sized lines including for Lizzo's "Yetty" and Fenty beauty. She even hired Amelia to be her agent, Amelia definitely doing her job and making sure she got the best gigs.

We never heard from Brooke after she left the hospital. I half expected for her to at least try and make amends, but she disappeared, us never seeing her again. A few days after that, we received a call from the precinct telling us to come and pick up my God child who was left with their grandparents until they dropped them off at the police station.

Anya didn't speak for months, completely mute from being abandoned by her mother. Her brother was adopted by her grandparents but they told her they didn't want her because she was just like her mother, ungrateful and demanding. The poor girl cried in her sleep every night for her mother. I put out a police report for Brooke, but to this day we still couldn't find her.

Anya got used to living with Angel and I, slowly warming up to Angel. She completely melted their heart, Angel treating her like an absolute princess along with Ariel. Adrien was more of a Tom boy, always bullying her sisters and pulling pranks on them.

Novalie and I now co-parent both of them, Anya and Ariel going with her and Sam and then coming home to Angel and I. We alternated well, planning every holiday and birthday together for the last four years. Although I was angry at her, I prayed for Brooke every single night. I prayed that whatever she was running from stopped chasing her and that she got the help she needed. It's like after she divorced Austin, she was never the same again.

"Where's Anya?" Angel asked as they looked around.

"She's upstairs in your study, again. She's reading."

"Okay. Is she okay today?" They asked as we walked to the kitchen. I grabbed the Prosecco and vodka, fixing my partner a drink as I nodded.

"She's okay. She spoke to her brother today over the phone. They're still not letting him come and visit. I guess they're scared we're going to try for custody. I just don't understand-"

"Hey. It's not our job to understand, anymore. Anya is apart of our family now, and the paperwork finalized it. She has our last name. She's going to be okay. We love her just as much as we love Adrien and Ariel. She just needs more time. She's almost a teenager, so her feelings are overwhelming. All we can do is be there for her."

"You're amazing, you know that?" I breathed as I placed their drink in front of them before kissing their forehead. Angel forced me to retire after our wedding, wanting me to be a stay at home mom with the kids. It was hard at first, me constantly fighting them about it until one day they left an envelope on the counter with my initials on it.